Re: Carlisle highlights

Having watched the highlights again this morning I struggle to see why Upson and Haynes were sent off. It looked clearly that Upson headed the ball and Haynes got the ball before the Carlisle player who fell over him. It was strange though how meekly Upson and Haynes accepted the ref's decisions.

Just looked at Ed Upson's dismissal and freeze framed it, clearly a header.
I couldn't see it clearly last night as a I was at the other end of the ground.
No way a hand ball.
Very poor decision by the ref.
Ultimately cost us 2 points.
I hope we can get his red card resinded.

mad norm wrote: October 20th, 2021, 10:05 am So what would you want them to do.....smack the ref?
Surely they should be praised for their composure?
I hold my hand up. The referee is in a far better position to see what happened than the camera. So it probably was handball, and as I said the lack of reaction from Upson was a sure sign he was guilty.

Fu Ming wrote: October 20th, 2021, 10:11 am Just looked at Ed Upson's dismissal and freeze framed it, clearly a header.
I couldn't see it clearly last night as a I was at the other end of the ground.
No way a hand ball.
Very poor decision by the ref.
Ultimately cost us 2 points.
I hope we can get his red card resinded.
The ref originally signalled a corner.

Assuming he did try to head it first and then it hit his arm shouldn't it have been a penalty and a yellow card - not red?

From FA Rules:-
Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.