Re: Upson

I’d be gone smacked if we appealed …. The one picture I saw was his hand very close to his head … I sit in the Bisley so the wrong angle ….but there was very little complaint from him. Yes the Ref played on and he may have given a corner but must have taken advice from his linesmen. I think Upson was due a rest anyway …. He’s looked a bit leggy the last few weeks …. Like him though.

I don't know. I didn't see a hand ball. I don't put too much store in him not arguing. However from the video footage the referee did seem to be in a perfect position.

One point of note. In 55 seasons of watching County I can never remember an opposition team finishing with 9 men. Three times I recall it happening to County. Two draws, Carlisle and Maidenhead and one defeat, I think Kidderminster at Spytty.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:02 pm I don't know. I didn't see a hand ball. I don't put too much store in him not arguing. However from the video footage the referee did seem to be in a perfect position.

One point of note. In 55 seasons of watching County I can never remember an opposition team finishing with 9 men. Three times I recall it happening to County. Two draws, Carlisle and Maidenhead and one defeat, I think Kidderminster at Spytty.
Hmm....... Exeter last season at Rodney Parade?

excessbee wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:07 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:02 pm I don't know. I didn't see a hand ball. I don't put too much store in him not arguing. However from the video footage the referee did seem to be in a perfect position.

Hmm....... Exeter last season at Rodney Parade?
Amazing as we get older we can remember tiny things from years ago and forget the day before yesterday. Although the three games I recall I was at. The Exeter game only on my computer.

Never ceases to amaze me the County recall abilities of people on this board. I can remember facts from my first games in the 60’s, on to CSJ, Welsh cup final and all the big d4, d3 major games from the late 70’s and early 80’s, but all the so called non descript games against lowly d4 opposition I have no idea. Bits and bobs yes, but major details about sendings off, scorers etc, no chance. How you guys do it I don’t know.

Memory recall!!! I reckon I have seen Hartlepool more times than any other team other than the County. All at Somerton Park.

pembsexile wrote: October 21st, 2021, 9:20 pm Never ceases to amaze me the County recall abilities of people on this board. I can remember facts from my first games in the 60’s, on to CSJ, Welsh cup final and all the big d4, d3 major games from the late 70’s and early 80’s, but all the so called non descript games against lowly d4 opposition I have no idea. Bits and bobs yes, but major details about sendings off, scorers etc, no chance. How you guys do it I don’t know.

Memory recall!!! I reckon I have seen Hartlepool more times than any other team other than the County. All at Somerton Park.
Funny could never remember when red and yellow cards came in. But still remember the crack of Howard Goddards broken leg. Must be me.

Lost in Willesden wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 8:20 pm
pembsexile wrote: October 21st, 2021, 9:20 pm Never ceases to amaze me the County recall abilities of people on this board. I can remember facts from my first games in the 60’s, on to CSJ, Welsh cup final and all the big d4, d3 major games from the late 70’s and early 80’s, but all the so called non descript games against lowly d4 opposition I have no idea. Bits and bobs yes, but major details about sendings off, scorers etc, no chance. How you guys do it I don’t know.

Funny could never remember when red and yellow cards came in. But still remember the crack of Howard Goddards broken leg. Must be me.
I can remember Tony Buck scoring against Swansea at Somerton Park with the hardest shot I've ever seen from about 35 yards out.

Blackandamber wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 9:12 pm
Lost in Willesden wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 8:20 pm

I can remember Tony Buck scoring against Swansea at Somerton Park with the hardest shot I've ever seen from about 35 yards out.
Not quite my point. But second to third game I ever saw: Goddard hatrick of volleys from outside the box against either Halifax or Rochdale (Blue & White) all in the second half kicking towards the Cromwell, stood on the open terrace (in front of the mens loos).

If he hadn't got injured (or Pleat hadn't come in for him) who knows.