Re: GRANDSTAND: Bristol Rovers (away) Match Day thread

Blackandamber wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 2:53 pm Really worried about our midfield three. None of them known for their defensive work. Day could be in for a busy afternoon. Hopefully not picking the ball out of the back of the net. I would have played Missilou before Cain.

Prove me wrong lads.
You certainly did. What do I know about football lol. Mind you I would still like to see a defensive midfielder with some steel.

Re: GRANDSTAND: Bristol R. (away) Match Day thread

Castle Exile wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 5:20 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 5:00 pm Good result. Very happy. I predicted 17th at the start of the season. One reason being I couldn't see where our goals would come from. Clearly Telford is perhaps realizing that you're only able to play football for a few short years and is getting his head down. Still think we might not quite have enough. 9th.
Or perhaps Telford was given a chance and has proved he is better than the 4 or 5 other strikers Flynn signed who he desperately wanted to be better than Telford. Don't forget he dropped a division and took a pay cut to come to Newport for first team football. The fact he wasn't given a single minute in pre season showed it was simply down to Flynn who after giving him a couple of sub appearances on the right wing and in the number 10, last season, decided he was crap.

Am I right in saying Ryan Lowe currently manager of the top side in League 1 signed him for Bury and then signed him again for Plymouth. Doesn't sound like Lowe had a problem with his attitude.
That's perfectly plausible. Not so much the mighty Flynn more the mighty Sulk.

Re: GRANDSTAND: Bristol R. (away) Match Day thread

Castle Exile wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 5:20 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 5:00 pm Good result. Very happy. I predicted 17th at the start of the season. One reason being I couldn't see where our goals would come from. Clearly Telford is perhaps realizing that you're only able to play football for a few short years and is getting his head down. Still think we might not quite have enough. 9th.
Or perhaps Telford was given a chance and has proved he is better than the 4 or 5 other strikers Flynn signed who he desperately wanted to be better than Telford. Don't forget he dropped a division and took a pay cut to come to Newport for first team football. The fact he wasn't given a single minute in pre season showed it was simply down to Flynn who after giving him a couple of sub appearances on the right wing and in the number 10, last season, decided he was crap.

Am I right in saying Ryan Lowe currently manager of the top side in League 1 signed him for Bury and then signed him again for Plymouth. Doesn't sound like Lowe had a problem with his attitude.
Agree that Telford had a pedigree when he came to us but fell out with Flynn who typically fell out with all strikers and chopped and changed and wondered why they could deliver no consistency. Post Flynn a settled side with the same front two and surprise surprise the forwards score goals - Flynn was past his sell by date with the club - the team are better for him moving on after a recharge of his batteries hope he will be better in a new challenge.

Overall a great performance today.