Re: Barton post-match interview

The word was first used in the early part of the 20th century. After World War 2 it initially came to be used as a term to describe the genocide of the Jews by the Nazi’s. As more and more groups associated themselves with the senseless slaughter (Romany’s, Jehovah’s Witness, Slavs, Homosexuals and others) the Jews stared to use the Hebrew term the Shoah to describe their slaughter in World War 2.

Barton has taken to Twitter to quote a passage from Rumi's poem 'A Great Wagon' which explores concepts of non-judgement.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,

there is a field. I’ll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,

the world is too full to talk about.

Jalal ad-Din Mohammad Rumi was a 13th century poet, musician and spiritual guide, who has had a considerable cultural impact throughout the Muslim world, in particular Turkey and Iran, but is also considered the best selling poet in the United States.

He is also central to Sufism, a mystical form of Islam which shuns materialism and promotes tolerance.

Barton will address the media for the first time since the fallout from his comments with a press conference scheduled at The Quarters on Thursday, having been brought forward from the traditional Friday pre-match briefing.

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 28th, 2021, 9:02 am As Barton is getting into Eric Cantona territory, I thought I would post something pinched from another forum regarding yesterday's budget......

The people who burned your house down have bought you a pot plant for your tent.

Whoop-de-doo.
… and are currently stood outside it p!ssing in!
Last edited by lowandhard on October 28th, 2021, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.