How many have heard of Victory Shield? Not many I bet.

How many have heard of Victory Shield? Not many I bet. I didn't until today whilst researching for my latest quiz.

Victory Shield dates for 2021

Dates for the 2021 Victory Shield competition have been confirmed as 16 - 23 October in Belfast, Northern Ireland, with games being played on 17th, 19th, and 22nd. Participating nations are; Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and the Republic of Ireland.

Sunday 17 October 2021 Match Day 1

Scotland v ROI at H&W Welders 3 pm

N. Ireland v Wales at Seaview 3 pm

Tuesday 19 October 2021 Match Day 2

Wales v ROI at Seaview 3 pm

N. Ireland v Scotland at H&W Welders 3 pm

Friday 22 October 2021 Match Day 3

ROI v N Ireland at H&W Welders 1:30 pm

Wales v Scotland at H&W Welders 11:0 am

I know the dates are gone. You can still watch the games on Youtube.

Last edited by yourfinalanswer on October 27th, 2021, 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: How many have heard of Victory Shield? Not many I bet.

PortandSud wrote: October 27th, 2021, 7:07 pm I remember a Monmouth lad Danny McDonald playing for England against Wales
Not surprised by that. Not an expert in the subject, and I'm sure some on this MB will know better than I, but I believe that as a schoolboy you represent the country your school is located, irrespective of your nationality. Ryan Wilson (later to be known as Giggs) would be a well known example of this playing for England.

Re: How many have heard of Victory Shield? Not many I bet.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: October 27th, 2021, 10:02 pm
PortandSud wrote: October 27th, 2021, 7:07 pm I remember a Monmouth lad Danny McDonald playing for England against Wales
Not surprised by that. Not an expert in the subject, and I'm sure some on this MB will know better than I, but I believe that as a schoolboy you represent the country your school is located, irrespective of your nationality. Ryan Wilson (later to be known as Giggs) would be a well known example of this playing for England.
I was coaching there the time and remember him coming on in the second half and scoring !