Re: GRANDSTAND: Stevenage (home) Match Day thread

What I did enjoy about the last two games - and the opposition has been very poor - is that we have battered them. We have often struggled against poor teams - Carlisle this season for example , and have ended up with a draw or losing by a goal . If we had won 7-0 today , I don't think that Stevenage would have had any complaints . Similarly, a 2-6 result against Bristol Rovers would have generated the same reaction.
I would maybe have brough Lewis Collins on instead of Ellison, just to give the lad's confidence a boost - (and maybe get a goal).
Cheers
Tony

Good to see Cain settling in, and playing well. Being chucked on for 20 minutes and wanting him to change our fortunes was never going to suit him or the team. I'm guessing that at Bristol, Rowberry said something along the lines of "look lad, I'm going to give you 90 minutes if circumstances allow" . That allowed him to just relax and not be desperate to create an impression. It went well, so no change necessary for the Stevenage match. The mostly unchanged team policy is certainly improving the performances.
Last edited by excessbee on October 31st, 2021, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excessbee wrote: October 31st, 2021, 1:15 pm Good to see Cain settling in, an playing well. Being chucked on for 20 minutes and wanting him to change our fortunes was never going to suit him or the team. I'm guessing that at Bristol, Rowberry said something along the lines of "look lad, I'm going to give you 90 minutes if circumstances allow" . That allowed him to just relax and not be desperate to create an impression. It went well, so no change necessary for the Stevenage match. The mostly unchanged team policy is certainly improving the performances.
I thought Cain was unlucky when he played in the Northampton game, he was making himself available but nobody passing to him (or hardly anybody in midfield).

Percy plunkett wrote: October 31st, 2021, 2:14 pm I noticed when Telford got his hat trick some of the Stevenage fans applauded him.Some also clapped him when he came off,fair play to them for showing sportsmanship when their team was getting slaughtered.
From reading the Stevenage Forum, I don’t think it was completely down to sportsmanship. It sounds like they were applauding County for knocking the last few nails into the coffin of the current manager’s reign. The majority seem to want it over as soon as possible and County assisted by scoring a hatful.