Re: 3rd kit (GLC) cancelled by Hummel

amberandy wrote: October 28th, 2021, 9:58 pm Looks like Burberry’s lawyers have had their say.
I wonder if that is indeed the reason behind it, and the lines about “production issues” are a smokescreen. As GSB says above, anyone who did manage to get their hands on one is sitting pretty now - a much more valuable investment than sticking it into a savings account on current levels of interest!

Kairdiff Exile wrote: October 29th, 2021, 12:16 pm
amberandy wrote: October 28th, 2021, 9:58 pm Looks like Burberry’s lawyers have had their say.
I wonder if that is indeed the reason behind it, and the lines about “production issues” are a smokescreen. As GSB says above, anyone who did manage to get their hands on one is sitting pretty now - a much more valuable investment than sticking it into a savings account on current levels of interest!
Yes it is. Burberry complained about the design being too much like their stuff.

I think the Burberry kit was horrible but,it is now a special edition,rare limited scarce.Why would you want to give it back.I am surprised that we are not replacing it with an off the peg third kit.Fortis and 57 Tyres are now not getting the publicity that they have paid for.There will be no replica sales.Myself and other individuals and businesses will not get the shirt that we have sponsored.