Re: Michael Flynn

The Historians god bless them, will say it was the third great escape, apparently there was one before Addison.

On the pitch, on that day I was assailed ...jumped on by a half dressed chap, didn't catch his name, never will, but an actual player. Didn't regongnise him. I tell that at dinner party's. That we can all name the Addison team.

Flynny total legend, good luck Boss wherever you land.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 9:56 am Having blocked Bangedonhishead unless he is quoted I am usually spared/denied his wisdom/stupidity.

However having read his latest post can't help but feel the urge to point out that had Newport County and their kit manufacturers bothered to consult an intellectual property lawyer before introducing their Burberry range of kit, both might have been spared a great deal of expense and embarrassment.
I know that I shall meet my fate
Somewhere among the clouds above;
Those I fight I do not hate
Those I guard I do not love;

However I should add that where bangedonhishead agreed with me, in that Flynn wouldn't litigate I have slight hopes for him. That I told you why, 'men of straw' is simply my attempt to educate. I confess my first degree was in history. As a young man I got pissed up in student union bars and learned very little. In my 30's, tired of having to take orders from idiots I studied law in the evenings to qualify for my chosen profession. As I wasn't wasting my time getting drunk I also had time to become acquainted with such things as poetry. The four line above are from W.B.Yeats. Enjoy.
A 'My Credentials' post......

Ever thought of selling bamboo underpants?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 10:49 am
Blackandamber wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 10:42 am
Or even made enquiries at the Intellectual Property Office in Newport.
Quite.

I didn't know there was an Intellectual Property Office in Newport. But I have no reason to doubt the lawyers who work there are perfectly competent.
To be fair, it's not an IPO it's the IPO for the UK. Formerly the Patent Office, the UK headquarters has been based in Newport since 1991.

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 12:27 pm I believe using Goldee Lookin Chain to launch the kit was sticking two fingers up to interlectual property.

You make your money fast, and stop when you need to. That's how it works, in the real world.

Am I really the only one applauding?
:hello1:

Eggsy was interviewed about it on Talk Sport yesterday - the Hawksbee and Jacobs show is the most popular slot.

Mission accomplished.....

Quite.

I didn't know there was an Intellectual Property Office in Newport. But I have no reason to doubt the lawyers who work there are perfectly competent.
Yes I worked there as a patent examiner for a few years. It's right next to the Office of National Statistics on Cardiff Road. It employs about 1500 people covering patents, trade marks, copyright, designs etc.

Jonesy3 wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 11:19 am
Quite.

To be fair, it's not an IPO it's the IPO for the UK. Formerly the Patent Office, the UK headquarters has been based in Newport since 1991.
The IPO became the operating name of the Patent Office in 2007.

Someone on the Barnsley Forum has too much time on his hands. !!

"Today's 80% Zoom call:

Khaled: These stubborn bstard Barnsley fans gave me a tough time last night. They want to know where you found £750k. Oh, and they want a English Manager with solid championship experience. They say there is a ship needs steadying.

Con-way: They are right. The SS Titanic. Who the hell are they demanding? Will an Austrian appease them? Cheap, and a couple of good ones have served the franchise well.

Khaled: No, they are demanding Engish.

Con-way: ****. They'll be demanding their seats back. Clamp down. I'm paying you big bucks. Would elsewhere in Europe suit them?

Khaled: Nope. English. possibly British, at a push.

Con-way: British, Schmitish ...... they are all in Europe aren't they? Same thing as Austria.

Khaled: No, things have changed over here. We can't deal with Europe now. English.

Con-way: Is Jose Morais doing much these days? Anglicise his name and get BetVictor to call him Jody Morris or something.

Khaled: They aren't thick. They've been through the accounts and everything. Whatever we tell them Stephen Dawson will find a video for it and meme us up. English boss. Please.

Con-way: Wales is in Englandshire. Anything going there? They are all lower league clubs with their own setup?

Khaled: With respect Sir Paul, two of their clubs are above us in the league, one of which hasn't won for 8 games. The other condemned us to another season in the 2nd tier and robbed you of play off dosh, promotion dosh, Premier League dosh .......... a lot of dosh.

Con-way: Sue their a55e5. Robbing me of whats rightfully mine. Right ......... let's raid Wales. What they got.

Khaled: Well Cardiff are hunting in the same market as us - looking at proper English bosses like ....... Wilder. Newport are Welsh and they had this guy called Michael Flynn ....... out of work now, nothing to pay.

Con-way: SIGN HIM UP. Sounds English enough. £9.50 an hour and don't forget the get-out clause."

PortandSud wrote: November 4th, 2021, 11:53 am Someone on the Barnsley Forum has too much time on his hands. !!

"Today's 80% Zoom call:

Khaled: These stubborn bstard Barnsley fans gave me a tough time last night. They want to know where you found £750k. Oh, and they want a English Manager with solid championship experience. They say there is a ship needs steadying.

Con-way: They are right. The SS Titanic. Who the hell are they demanding? Will an Austrian appease them? Cheap, and a couple of good ones have served the franchise well.

Khaled: No, they are demanding Engish.

Con-way: ****. They'll be demanding their seats back. Clamp down. I'm paying you big bucks. Would elsewhere in Europe suit them?

Khaled: Nope. English. possibly British, at a push.

Con-way: British, Schmitish ...... they are all in Europe aren't they? Same thing as Austria.

Khaled: No, things have changed over here. We can't deal with Europe now. English.

Con-way: Is Jose Morais doing much these days? Anglicise his name and get BetVictor to call him Jody Morris or something.

Khaled: They aren't thick. They've been through the accounts and everything. Whatever we tell them Stephen Dawson will find a video for it and meme us up. English boss. Please.

Con-way: Wales is in Englandshire. Anything going there? They are all lower league clubs with their own setup?

Khaled: With respect Sir Paul, two of their clubs are above us in the league, one of which hasn't won for 8 games. The other condemned us to another season in the 2nd tier and robbed you of play off dosh, promotion dosh, Premier League dosh .......... a lot of dosh.

Con-way: Sue their a55e5. Robbing me of whats rightfully mine. Right ......... let's raid Wales. What they got.

Khaled: Well Cardiff are hunting in the same market as us - looking at proper English bosses like ....... Wilder. Newport are Welsh and they had this guy called Michael Flynn ....... out of work now, nothing to pay.

Con-way: SIGN HIM UP. Sounds English enough. £9.50 an hour and don't forget the get-out clause."
Certainly no shortage of f*cking idiots in this world eh?