Re: Michael Flynn

Interesting comments on Radio Wales from Rob Philips tonight. Saying that Cardiff have consulted an experienced figure in the game (most fans say Russell Slade) for input on the football side of a decision.

RP says Chris Wilder is likely out of the picture as he's too expensive, and that they are now focusing on a young, up and coming appointment rather than an experienced McCarthy like choice. Also says the club are using the football analysis resources at the club to identify a manager with the right playing style.

A lot of anxiety in the boardroom it seems

How you measure it, either the second (or third) great escape. Continued the youth development, as it could be, given...and then. I would always say, then about the fourth, greatest man manager the club ...bla bla.

Cardiff, fortunately a basket case yet again. I remember coming home from a Brentford game in about '79. True story. In our carriage Ronnie Moore they're centre forward. Said, lads are you all virgin's. We hadn't said a word, that was his opening gambit. A wag said, yes but at least we've scored.

We were young...

Cardiff, are again a basket case heading for the drop. Flynny, maybe. But he's a Newport boy. Have they none of their own these days?

G Guest wrote: October 30th, 2021, 12:27 am Very little support for Flynny on the Cardiff boards. They still seem to think they are royalty and we are the pits.

No they have worked out like many of us that MF doesn't have tactical knowledge to manage at that level... Good man manager with players he gets on with but not tactically good enough and will be found out pretty quickly...
Too quick or stubborn to freeze players out of the squad that he brings in and then doesn't want them... Telford being an example

NewportProud wrote: November 1st, 2021, 3:08 pm What cardiif fans are saying about what could be their next manager.....https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/view ... 2&t=224555.... hope the link works on this new style page.
Blimey, there’s some strong and potentially libellous stuff in there, I hope MF takes a look and then contacts his lawyer! I know we have a few awkward and sometimes argumentative moments on our own forum but I’d like to think no one would ever post such stupid and, most likely, defamatory and unfair allegations like the City few have done on that forum.

In truth, no one can be sure if MF would be a good fit for Cardiff - the fact that he has only previously managed a small League 2 club with a limited budget, no training ground, an academy which does its best but can’t realistically compete with those local Championship side academies, does not mean he couldn’t achieve success at City.

Through his coaching courses, he’s worked with some top names and developed a good reputation amongst his peers. Just because we - those supporting the small League 2 club - were sceptical about his tactical nous, his constant team rotation and odd substitutions doesn’t mean he couldn’t mould a bunch of Championship players including a few internationals into a better side.

Personally I think he’d make a very good assistant manager under an experienced guy at somewhere like Cardiff or Barnsley or even for the National team, I wish him well. I also hope he’s fully recovered from Covid, recharged his batteries and is able to ignore these stupid murmurings on this tinpot City forum.

telling themselves they can get Nuno but even Chris Wilder has turned them down.

if not Flynn, it's Morison, Morris or Beale - no managerial experience, but they think Morris will bring the Chelsea academy with him (he won't)

I hope MF doesn't take the job, embarrassing club if some fans say they'll tear up their season ticket because of him