Re: Not very Hollywood

Risca_Exile wrote: October 31st, 2021, 11:00 am
neilcork68 wrote: October 31st, 2021, 9:27 am
You can understand why the six fingered locals are so excited by the deal and the BS the media / movie stars are promoting because they believe they are a huge club who deserve and should be playing high up in the Football League rather than their current 12 years in non league.. 'the huge club every non league team wants to beat and raise their game for' is one quote I have heard from one of their managers
They are where they are for a reason,,,, they aren't good enough to get promoted...
A large number of us got excited when Jerry Sherman 1st took over, and we remember where that left us.
I’d agree with you but for the point that Sherman had no money whatsoever, I’ve got a grudge - he didn’t buy his round!

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 31st, 2021, 10:45 am Two thoughts. I thought the interruption of Mark O'Brien was extremely rude. I often listen to Radio Wales post match and by and large coverage of Newport County is not as bad as some on here make out. On this occasion the criticism is warranted.
Second point. Whether or not Radio Wales has an obsession with Wrexham, I don't understand why we should follow suit. To read this board you might start to get the impression that other than our seven and a half thousand hit debate on the need to develop a stadium, Wrexham are all we ever think about.
Not at all Brendan. If you want to talk about ‘hits’, go and have a look at one of the threads on the everything else section. There is a target for you!😉

Whilst we are on the subject and RW obsession with the Goggs, that is my beef. I don’t really care about them, but their air time is disproportionate. Unfortunately as they are Welsh, the Beeb has to report on them. They are miles away from us geographically in performance and in my thinking. If the private radio stations want to suck up to them, fine, but as it is the good old Beeb, with public funding, it needs highlighting. No fan of RW football sport, Wrexham or Cardiff for that matter.

whoareya wrote: October 31st, 2021, 5:22 pm
pembsexile wrote: October 31st, 2021, 4:13 pm

Not at all Brendan. If you want to talk about ‘hits’, go and have a look at one of the threads on the everything else section. There is a target for you!😉

Yeh, based on hits, we need to forget developing a stadium and focus on building a giant piggy bank......
If only it was that easy. The Piggy Bank stadium. Like the idea but someone would have to come up with a better name.