Re: Telford and Richardson

Castle Exile wrote: November 1st, 2021, 9:54 am Someone said that the club could not afford Telford's wage. If that's the case, will the club offer him a contract on a reduced wage or look to cash in by selling him in the January window, rather than see him walk for free at the end of the season.

By all accounts the club were desperate to off load Telford in the last window, but having been given no game time at all, it was not surprising there were no suiters. If he was made available in January, I guess there will be a number of takers and I'm sure given the quality of some of his goals his agent will be spreading the word that his contract is expiring. I guess a lot will depend on where we sit in the table come Christmas.

I'm guessing CBR is on a lesser wage than Telford at present, but having impressed recently may want an upgrade on his current contract.

Best partnership in the division on current form, lets hope the new manager can persuade the powers that be to act sooner rather than later
Was it Flynn that was desperate to offload, or the club. As with Cain, who is also less of a defensive style than Flynn favours, I assume that these two were chosen via the club's new signing process, to which Flynn clearly objected.

Fair play to Telford’s agent if he is indeed on such a high salary. He’d scored 3 goals in two seasons prior to joining us and surely wouldn’t have received an unusually high wage.

CBR needs a renewal as he’s clearly already playing well and still not fully recovered from his surgery. More to come hopefully.

Castle Exile wrote: November 1st, 2021, 9:54 am Someone said that the club could not afford Telford's wage. If that's the case, will the club offer him a contract on a reduced wage or look to cash in by selling him in the January window, rather than see him walk for free at the end of the season.

By all accounts the club were desperate to off load Telford in the last window, but having been given no game time at all, it was not surprising there were no suiters. If he was made available in January, I guess there will be a number of takers and I'm sure given the quality of some of his goals his agent will be spreading the word that his contract is expiring. I guess a lot will depend on where we sit in the table come Christmas.

I'm guessing CBR is on a lesser wage than Telford at present, but having impressed recently may want an upgrade on his current contract.

Best partnership in the division on current form, lets hope the new manager can persuade the powers that be to act sooner rather than later
The club or MF ? They knew his wage demands when he signed...why six months later can we no longer afford him ?
IMO Day is probably on hirer wages seeing that he joined us from a Championship club and he got a 3 year deal , not 18 months like Telford

George Street-Bridge wrote: November 1st, 2021, 2:37 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: November 1st, 2021, 10:05 am I assume that these two were chosen via the club's new signing process, to which Flynn clearly objected.
But Telford joined months before the SD did.
He did indeed, he joined in the January transfer window, something that Flynn described as his most difficult. He also said that he failed to land any of his first choice targets, which I thought was unusually enlightening. Then in March the recruitment of a sporting director leading to the appointment of Darren Kelly in June.
Recently we had the "they are all cowards" comment, which I interpreted as this team is not Flynn's style of defending for your lives, stopping the opposition play, and the catching them on the break. That style has served him/us well, particularly in the cups bringing in much needed revenue. However from what we have seen of Rowberry's style it is much more attack based, utilising the player's best qualities.
Telford is now thriving, but didn't under Flynn who stuck by Amond.

Sports psychology and management is a fascinating subject. Players don’t suddenly become better players overnight. It’s the way they are treated and asked to play. JR is obviously doing something right at the moment.

Dick and Dom are on a roll. Long may it continue. Someone said a while ago on another thread that Dom may be the 15 goal a season striker we have been looking for. Well, he is over halfway there with 9 goals this season already. Joint top scorer in L2.