Re: Latest Board Minutes

Some things that caught my eye...

We’ve taken on a Head Analyst and Head of Sports Science as of the 1st Sep which is good news

1,967 season tickets sold. For comparison that’s slightly higher than in the past. At this point in the last two seasons we’d sold:
2020/21: 1,087
2019/20: c. 1,900

Open supporters meeting to return in person in Nov - this is good to hear. Will be interesting how directors field questions about Flynn and Rodney Parade.

All very well but they tell you very little.

If you don't know what the target is saying that you are on taŕget or ahead of target is meaningless. That we have sold 1967 season tickets is interesting but we don't know the revenue raised. No breakdown of adult tickets v concessions, standing or seated etc. We know that Nigel Stevenson was tasked with arranging a supporters meeting. As the October meeting has taken place one would expect the club would by now have announced time and venue. We know that two club officials have resigned and that recruitment measures are being undertaken. What measures would have been informative. I could go on.
No doubt I will get the usual stream of invective but this appears to me to be pretending to keep supporters informed whilst telling them precisely nothing.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 8:23 am All very well but they tell you very little.

If you don't know what the target is saying that you are on taŕget or ahead of target is meaningless. That we have sold 1967 season tickets is interesting but we don't know the revenue raised. No breakdown of adult tickets v concessions, standing or seated etc. We know that Nigel Stevenson was tasked with arranging a supporters meeting. As the October meeting has taken place one would expect the club would by now have announced time and venue. We know that two club officials have resigned and that recruitment measures are being undertaken. What measures would have been informative. I could go on.
No doubt I will get the usual stream of invective but this appears to me to be pretending to keep supporters informed whilst telling them precisely nothing.
What’s interesting and slightly worrying to me Stan, is this is yet another club secretary we’re having to recruit, which suggests we’re either not paying the going rate, not training people well enough or those who the club Sec are reporting to are making the job harder.

In my view it’s the second most important role at the whole club, behind that of the first team manager. A mate of mine is a club Sec at a League 1 team and he deals with all the player registrations (separate ones needed for each league and cup they participate in), registrations for all the coaches, junior and academy players, deals with all the transfer negotiations (the financial bits), manages the club office etc.

So, why are we looking for yet another club Sec?

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 10:01 am
So, why are we looking for yet another club Sec?
I agree entirely with your post and highlight your final sentence. It does appear that Newport County have a major problem with staff retention. I know the days of people staying in post for an entire career are past, but County lose backroom staff at a truly astounding rate.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 8:23 am All very well but they tell you very little.

#leopards #change #change #spots

An interesting thread developing with some very relevant and important issues. A well run club must be well run throughout.
Maybe the Sports Analyst should have a spell in admin.
Communication is important at all levels.The less communication leads to more hypothesis which helps nobody .
Love the picture whoareya!!!

mad norm wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 10:47 am An interesting thread developing with some very relevant and important issues. A well run club must be well run throughout.
Maybe the Sports Analyst should have a spell in admin.
Communication is important at all levels.The less communication leads to more hypothesis which helps nobody .
Love the picture whoareya!!!

I'll leave you to decide who the harbingers of doom are........ the bath tub is symbolic of their club/money/plughole debates

As I said the usual sad shower with their platitudes and attempts at humour. Did anybody ever actually find 'Last of the Summer Wine' funny?

A fair question from George. No idea, certainly not long enough to learn his/her name. Was it Keith Saunders I can remember from my ever receding youth?
Colin, Whoareya if you disagree with me great. But try putting your arguments in a respectful and constructive manner. Otherwise you just look silly.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 11:48 am As I said the usual sad shower with their platitudes and attempts at humour. Did anybody ever actually find 'Last of the Summer Wine' funny?

A fair question from George. No idea, certainly not long enough to learn his/her name. Was it Keith Saunders I can remember from my ever receding youth?
Colin, Whoareya if you disagree with me great. But try putting your arguments in a respectful and constructive manner. Otherwise you just look silly.
Who made you Headmaster?

I didn't reply to your specific post, but if you can see yourself looking into the bathtub of doom, them I'm assuming you are staking claim to Foggy.
Last edited by whoareya on November 2nd, 2021, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 11:55 am
George Street-Bridge wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 10:25 am How long was the last one in post for?
I’d have to check to be certain but I’m fairly sure the current club Sec was only recruited about 9mths ago, because we saw the job advert on this forum. This particular role really needs some stability otherwise things could go wrong with correctly registering players for competitions etc.
From what's online, the departing CS did 23 months and his predecessor did 18 months

whoareya wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 11:54 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 11:48 am As I said the usual sad shower with their platitudes and attempts at humour. Did anybody ever actually find 'Last of the Summer Wine' funny?

Who made you Headmaster?

I didn't reply to your specific post, but if you can see yourself looking into the bathtub of doom, them I'm assuming you are staking claim to Foggy.
I'm certainly not the headmaster. If you want to make yourself look foolish, please, don't let me stop you.