Re: GRANDSTAND: Morecambe FA Cup Away (Match-day Thread)

Guys remember without the cup money we probably wouldn't have a club ? Director/ chairman openly said it along with SJ after spurs game .we .commercially wise probably are losing money compared to 3 years ago? Mr Tom's sponsorship was the best we had good staff leaving the club and being replaced with poor replacements .we must be losing out on the shop nothing to be sold without hummel stamp on it . Mr ward Mr crook said it before this model needs to change ?? We need investors before its to late guys .we are great on the pitch JR been left a great bunch by MF but off it we are non league remember last season us the fans had to sponsor our shirt .

I have been told,Hummel give us an agreed amount regardless of how much is sold in the shop so,if we sell 10 replicas or 1000,we get the same amount.Hummel seem more interested in the shirt sponsorship than selling merchandise but,the club isn’t losing out.Of course, a cup run is beneficial but,we cannot expect one every year.The commercial manager is doing a tremendous job,front and back of shirts and shorts all sponsored plus other commercial partners on the website.We even have an extra time sponsor,has anyone else got one.If you read the board minutes,it says financially the club is ok and ahead of targets.No panic needed just keep going to insure future problems.

owlsabout wrote: November 7th, 2021, 9:36 am Guys remember without the cup money we probably wouldn't have a club ? Director/ chairman openly said it along with SJ after spurs game .we .commercially wise probably are losing money compared to 3 years ago? Mr Tom's sponsorship was the best we had good staff leaving the club and being replaced with poor replacements .we must be losing out on the shop nothing to be sold without hummel stamp on it . Mr ward Mr crook said it before this model needs to change ?? We need investors before its to late guys .we are great on the pitch JR been left a great bunch by MF but off it we are non league remember last season us the fans had to sponsor our shirt .
Not a happy clapper or whatever that means, don’t know what that even means tbh, and Im not in the know (nor am I desperate to ever be so (as some seem to be) I just go and watch my team whoever is in charge (manager or chairman) and what I witnessed yesterday was a little unlucky:

Again no expert but I would have thought our budgets include cup runs, no matter how crucial they’ve been.

Justanordinaryfan wrote: November 7th, 2021, 11:41 am
owlsabout wrote: November 7th, 2021, 9:36 am Guys remember without the cup money we probably wouldn't have a club ? Director/ chairman openly said it along with SJ after spurs game .we .commercially wise probably are losing money compared to 3 years ago? Mr Tom's sponsorship was the best we had good staff leaving the club and being replaced with poor replacements .we must be losing out on the shop nothing to be sold without hummel stamp on it . Mr ward Mr crook said it before this model needs to change ?? We need investors before its to late guys .we are great on the pitch JR been left a great bunch by MF but off it we are non league remember last season us the fans had to sponsor our shirt .
Not a happy clapper or whatever that means, don’t know what that even means tbh, and Im not in the know (nor am I desperate to ever be so (as some seem to be) I just go and watch my team whoever is in charge (manager or chairman) and what I witnessed yesterday was a little unlucky:

Again no expert but I would have thought our budgets include cup runs, no matter how crucial they’ve been.

I know it has been stated that cup runs ARE NOT counted as part of the clubs budget in the past . I don't know if that's still the case

neilcork68 wrote: November 7th, 2021, 1:07 pm

I know it has been stated that cup runs ARE NOT counted as part of the clubs budget in the past . I don't know if that's still the case
I think I'm right in saying corky that fa cup money isn't paid until the close season so it does affect the next season's budget

UPTHEPORT wrote: November 7th, 2021, 2:09 pm
neilcork68 wrote: November 7th, 2021, 1:07 pm

I think I'm right in saying corky that fa cup money isn't paid until the close season so it does affect the next season's budget
That may be right with respect to prize money but I would have thought gate receipts and TV monies would come straight away.

On the subject of budgets although it is wise not to expect a Cup run and budget accordingly by the same token if a club makes a lot of money from a Cup run then if it doesn't improve the budget what does it do? I may not be the greatest fan of our board but I don't really see Gavin and Kev jetting of for a fortnight's shopping in New York followed by a Caribbean cruise and home on the QE2.
:grin:

Justanordinaryfan wrote: November 7th, 2021, 6:46 pm Just to make myself clear, I wouldn’t have thought any budget/expenditure in our pre season strategy would have provisions of a cup run in it ….. I do accept that the loss of any, defo will not improve it !!
Surely any sensible board cant rely on ' luck of the draw ' if setting the budget for the season ?
Get a bad draw like this season and we failed at the first hurdle...you cant expect to get a cup run very often in our position so surely its a bonus to the budget if we do ?

neilcork68 wrote: November 8th, 2021, 12:02 am
Justanordinaryfan wrote: November 7th, 2021, 6:46 pm Just to make myself clear, I wouldn’t have thought any budget/expenditure in our pre season strategy would have provisions of a cup run in it ….. I do accept that the loss of any, defo will not improve it !!
Surely any sensible board cant rely on ' luck of the draw ' if setting the budget for the season ?
Get a bad draw like this season and we failed at the first hurdle...you cant expect to get a cup run very often in our position so surely its a bonus to the budget if we do ?
Apologies that’s exactly what I meant !
Typed it wrong, agree madness to include potential cup runs in any budgeting !