Re: Open Meeting

I don't want to get dragged in to yet another desperate game of whining - but its clear there is confusion as to how the various boards (Trust, Club, Operations, Community) are convened and what interaction and influence/authority they have over each other.
Many fans assume that, having bought Community Shares via the Trust to 'buy' the club, they also have a say in how the club and its Boards/Management is done.

I think that has to be clarified now.

Mysterious Directors being appointed on the 'other Boards' appear have nothing to do with the Trust members - and only notified after the event.

I feel the 'club' is in danger of alienating the Trust members in a "thanks for buying Community Shares and for your ongoing monthly subscriptions, now you must leave everything else to us...." way.

Having said that, there is clearly not enough groundswell to make representations to the 'club' via the Trust, to have these things clarified and, if necessary, challenged. The recent Open Meeting was the perfect opportunity to get questions raised IN ADVANCE, but it didn't happen. Again.

To then come on here and shout at the sky is pathetic and to say that the Directors read this unofficial forum so should answer questions/rants on here is frankly absurd.

If you are concerned enough you will make the effort to raise you concerns through the channels of communication, several times if necessary.

If you are concerned enough you will stand for a place on the Trust Board instead of letting the incumbents re-elect themselves because no other candidates stood.

pembsexile wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:55 am
Torquay Exile wrote: November 29th, 2021, 9:23 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: November 29th, 2021, 8:37 pm I know that you want to satisfy your ambition of being able to say to the directors that "you have your doubts about them" from the comfort of your armchair. However it would be very boring for everyone else, and achieve very little.

The presentations covered topics that were very revelevant, of the moment, but difficult to answer in a one line Q and A sheet.

Now I'm sure the technology exists for James Rowberry to do his Q and A from Colchester, but he didn't.

And I'm sure if those at the meeting felt your question was worthwhile repeating, it would have been posed for you.

Personally I am happy with the format, as the more people feel they are entitled to ask questions that don't provide an insight, the less interesting it becomes.

Joe mentioned a number of times that he has a table at the marquee on match days. Joe is the trust representative, and that is the channel that should be considered. Frankly if you are unable to attend a match, and unable to discuss your concerns with Joe directly, then I'm not sure that the directors should spend too much valuable time, away from running the club.

Why are you bringing Joe into this? For a start, he is new to the Trust Board, and also, he is not one of the Board of Directors. I think that I'm able to trust Joe more than anyone else at this moment in time. I don't know Joe well enough to criticize him at this time.

Going back to the Trust Board, we know more about them since Joe has been there than any other time. In my opinion.
Just so that you are aware, Joe is one of the Directors of the Supporters Trust. Has been since the early summer.

As mentioned at the Open meeting, members can ask questions by emailing info@ncafctrust.org

For club matters the email contact is office@newport-county.co.uk
The person who knows it all as you are so close to the Trust Directors, maybe you could be the go-between. I'm sure you would like that.

whoareya wrote: November 30th, 2021, 1:01 pm I don't want to get dragged in to yet another desperate game of whining - but its clear there is confusion as to how the various boards (Trust, Club, Operations, Community) are convened and what interaction and influence/authority they have over each other.
Many fans assume that, having bought Community Shares via the Trust to 'buy' the club, they also have a say in how the club and its Boards/Management is done.

Mysterious Directors being appointed on the 'other Boards' appear have nothing to do with the Trust members - and only notified after the event.

I feel the 'club' is in danger of alienating the Trust members in a "thanks for buying Community Shares and for your ongoing monthly subscriptions, now you must leave everything else to us...." way.

Having said that, there is clearly not enough groundswell to make representations to the 'club' via the Trust, to have these things clarified and, if necessary, challenged. The recent Open Meeting was the perfect opportunity to get questions raised IN ADVANCE, but it didn't happen. Again.

To then come on here and shout at the sky is pathetic and to say that the Directors read this unofficial forum so should answer questions/rants on here is frankly absurd.

If you are concerned enough you will make the effort to raise you concerns through the channels of communication, several times if necessary.

If you are concerned enough you will stand for a place on the Trust Board instead of letting the incumbents re-elect themselves because no other candidates stood.

It would be nice to have a full of list of current Directers. Also, how long before each one needs to stand for reelected.

Torquay Exile wrote: December 1st, 2021, 5:35 pm
whoareya wrote: November 30th, 2021, 1:01 pm I don't want to get dragged in to yet another desperate game of whining - but its clear there is confusion as to how the various boards (Trust, Club, Operations, Community) are convened and what interaction and influence/authority they have over each other.

It would be nice to have a full of list of current Directers. Also, how long before each one needs to stand for reelected.
https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=director ... ort+county

UPTHEPORT wrote: December 1st, 2021, 5:47 pm

Thank you much appreciated.

UPTHEPORT wrote: December 1st, 2021, 5:47 pm

Jim, that was quite funny until my AVG virus guard blocked a phishing threat.........................

Jonesy3 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 4:34 pm
Lost in Willesden wrote: November 28th, 2021, 5:55 am WTF, where to start.

The Director of Football declaring football isn't necessary.

I'm sorry half way through this it's a joke.

I'm waiting to hear about ...land and how we build a future. All I hear is ****** ******* over themselves .

Goodness, I was hoping for some leadership .

But nothing there. Just embarrassment.
What a disgusting series of comments. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Lost in Willesden wrote: December 4th, 2021, 12:11 am

I'm waiting to hear about ...land and how we build a future. All I hear is ****** ******* over themselves .

OK, Perhaps. But I'm nothing really to do with the club.

The club: After a plethora of considered abuse about Flynny leaving and a child-coach taking over ...agreed to a "meeting' of minds.

'An Open Meeting"

It was nothing of the sort. It was a commercial tweet to the slick haired greasy backcombed ****** that is on the make.

It was an absolute shitshow.

The hardest question....about the lottery.

Nothing about where has the money gone?

About the youth, or land and hope we should buy. Or about the finances.

No, the meeting was taken up with bollox and 3 questions.

Lost in Willesden wrote: December 4th, 2021, 12:58 am
Lost in Willesden wrote: December 4th, 2021, 12:11 am

OK, Perhaps. But I'm nothing really to do with the club.

The club: After a plethora of considered abuse about Flynny leaving and a child-coach taking over ...agreed to a "meeting' of minds.

'An Open Meeting"

It was nothing of the sort. It was a commercial tweet to the slick haired greasy backcombed ****** that is on the make.

It was an absolute shitshow.

The hardest question....about the lottery.

Nothing about where has the money gone?

About the youth, or land and hope we should buy. Or about the finances.

No, the meeting was taken up with bollox and 3 questions.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Willthiswork, Since our private discussion on November 28th, 2021, I have received a reply from " " They said in their recent email to me. I'm not allowed to disclose anything in the documents they sent to me without their permission. They have also reminded me about the NDA that I had signed. I will be looking into another way that I might be able to help you. So please be patient. I will do my best to help you if I can.