Open Meeting

Newport County AFC intend to hold an open meeting for supporters on Thursday 25th November commencing at 7pm in the Bisley lounge at Rodney Parade. 

Further information will be provided inc specific Covid restrictions that may apply, in accordance with Welsh Govt advice.

Re: Open Meeting

Willthiswork wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:27 pm Newport County AFC intend to hold an open meeting for supporters on Thursday 25th November commencing at 7pm in the Bisley lounge at Rodney Parade. 

Further information will be provided inc specific Covid restrictions that may apply, in accordance with Welsh Govt advice.

Are you just the trust supporters representative or do you represent everyone?

Percy plunkett wrote: November 6th, 2021, 8:30 pm As always,questions can be emailed to the Trust or the Club depending on what the questions are.If it goes to the wrong one then they will forward it on.
Before any meeting. One has to ask.. Why do we have 9 non directors? Who elects them?

What is it they offer?

We have a Chairman. How often is that elected?

We haven't a ground, or a training ground; Is that correct?

What are you going to do about this?

_would be a few of my questions.

You know we won the FA Cup a few times if you believe the press, where has the money gone.

If, you plough it into players, not infrastructure, you're fucked if you go out of the FA Cup. And you're really fucked if yo don't go up.

My point is. Buy a ground. That's real collateral , also buy a training facility because that's the future.

UPTHEPORT wrote: November 7th, 2021, 12:04 am
Lost in Willesden wrote:
My point is. Buy a ground. That's real collateral , also buy a training facility because that's the future.
And you get the money from where
Negatively again I see. There is a beginning to every business venture. How does that song go again when you start you begin with, A, B, C.

Torquay Exile wrote: November 7th, 2021, 12:22 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: November 7th, 2021, 12:04 am [quote="Lost in Willesden" post_id=658745

And you get the money from where
Negatively again I see. There is a beginning to every business venture. How does that song go again when you start you begin with, A, B, C.
Not at all serious question where do we get the money

UPTHEPORT wrote: November 7th, 2021, 12:04 am And you get the money from where
Well I suppose that's sort of the accounting point. 4 or 5 years of cup runs, and we're still renting?

I can understand renting Rodney, but not to start/establish a new training facility and recruit the new Lowndes and Vaughans, is simply unforgivable.

By now we should have our own Newport County facility that governs the whole area and even attracts kids from Cardiff/ The Vale/ and Bristol.

By now we should be developing our own.

I'll throw the question back to you. Where's the money gone?

Lost in Willesden wrote: November 6th, 2021, 11:34 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: November 6th, 2021, 8:30 pm As always,questions can be emailed to the Trust or the Club depending on what the questions are.If it goes to the wrong one then they will forward it on.
Before any meeting. One has to ask.. Why do we have 9 non directors? Who elects them?

What is it they offer?

We have a Chairman. How often is that elected?

We haven't a ground, or a training ground; Is that correct?

What are you going to do about this?

_would be a few of my questions.

You know we won the FA Cup a few times if you believe the press, where has the money gone.

If, you plough it into players, not infrastructure, you're fucked if you go out of the FA Cup. And you're really fucked if yo don't go up.

Then send those questions in today and they will be answered.You have already answered some yourself already.I don’t understand the first one about non directors,can you clarify that one.

The club is at a crossroads.

A new regime on the field marks the end of the 'great escape' era - for which the Trust/Board/club and all of the off the field activities have been pretty much left alone to run themselves.

I have been generally supportive for that reason, I'm appreciative of people who stand up and get on with it. Others haven't, for their own reasons I suppose.

But there is a nagging doubt in my mind as to how the various movements/additions and secondments to the 'boards' are engineered, and by whom. I don't for one minute think that these are unconstitutional, more so that the Supporters Trust model that supporters contributed to was not the 'fan owned club' envisaged.

Seems we stumped up the money in return for 'Community shares' for the 'Trust' to purchase 'club shares', which allowed the 'Trust board' to put the capital into the 'club' in return for one of the 'Trust board' members to sit on the 'club board' that consists of many other, largely anonymous, 'club board' directors.

Every season the link between the Trust members and the club board is diluted and distanced. I have no idea who half of those names on the list are, or who voted them on.

But lets be clear, the open meeting later this month is the perfect opportunity for anyone and everyone that has concerns or who just wants clarification on who does what and why (or why not) to make their voices heard.

If you don't agree with redacted minutes, take a copy down and ask for more detail
If you want to know how the club board works autonomously to the trust board then ask the question and don't be fobbed off with ambiguous answers ask for a flow chart detailing each of the boards and their respective interconnections and overlaps.

From memory I think the last open meeting attendance was woeful.........so no lame excuses - its in the evening, i take my kids swimming etc etc.
Don't snipe from the sidelines - get your questions in and/or get yourselves down there and make your voices heard.