Re: Open Meeting

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 7th, 2021, 8:41 pm
landinho wrote: November 7th, 2021, 8:29 pm Pretty sure the board will be bound by confidentiality and unable to disclose the lease terms. As said above though, a long lease would be positive. The WRU may well be more willing to do that once private ownership is realised by the Dragons.
First of all as I said above my feeling is that a deal may well have already been done. If it hasn't been the license only has 18 months left to run. So we are cutting it fine.

Nothing wrong with this but we haven't got, nor will be be buying a lease, it will be a license.

My concern really lies in the immediate future in something that you allude to in your post. You say the WRU may well be more willing to do........ the problem with may is that it recognizes the possibility at the very least of may not.
Perhaps you should listen to the podcast again.

Jack wrote: November 7th, 2021, 6:58 pm Published May 2021;

I can re-upload the Buttress interview to 1912 Exiles if anyone wishes to re-listen?

I will likely reach out to him at the end of this season again to chat Dragons / County, it gave great insight.

Thank you, Jack, very much appreciated. I would also be interested in reading the full article of the above story as well. Do you have the link to this article?

Re-uploaded the Buttress episode originally recorded in January 2021. I'm hoping to do a follow up at the end of this season with him as it was a superb and eye-opening interview.

Re-uploading this "classic" episode due to demand ahead of the Supporters Open Meeting at Rodney Parade upcoming November 25th, 7PM.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After a brief Twitter altercation regarding the state of the Rodney Parade pitch, Dragons Rugby CEO and former Just Eat founder David Buttress joins the podcast for a chat on all manner of things;

- What are the challenges with Rodney Parade and why were Cardiff Blues invited?

- What does his proposed takeover of Dragons Rugby mean for Newport County

- He talks of previous "bad leadership" and the challenges to overcome in the relationship between football and rugby in Newport. Going so far as to provide detail with some of his frustrations on his first few years as chairman of the rugby side.

- Has his father, a longtime Newport County supporter ever asked him to get involved with NCAFC and would he be open to the hybrid model of ownership in future?

- We discuss sporting tribalism and its place in Newport

There is much, much more discussed in this extensive talk and is not to be missed, David pulls no punches across many subjects, some quite sensitive to some!

As always, drop us a line via Twitter or Facebook with any feedback. Please also recommend us to your mates, leave glowing reviews and just generally share the love.

whoareya wrote: November 7th, 2021, 11:58 am The club is at a crossroads.

A new regime on the field marks the end of the 'great escape' era - for which the Trust/Board/club and all of the off the field activities have been pretty much left alone to run themselves.

I have been generally supportive for that reason, I'm appreciative of people who stand up and get on with it. Others haven't, for their own reasons I suppose.

But there is a nagging doubt in my mind as to how the various movements/additions and secondments to the 'boards' are engineered, and by whom. I don't for one minute think that these are unconstitutional, more so that the Supporters Trust model that supporters contributed to was not the 'fan owned club' envisaged.

Seems we stumped up the money in return for 'Community shares' for the 'Trust' to purchase 'club shares', which allowed the 'Trust board' to put the capital into the 'club' in return for one of the 'Trust board' members to sit on the 'club board' that consists of many other, largely anonymous, 'club board' directors.

Every season the link between the Trust members and the club board is diluted and distanced. I have no idea who half of those names on the list are, or who voted them on.

But lets be clear, the open meeting later this month is the perfect opportunity for anyone and everyone that has concerns or who just wants clarification on who does what and why (or why not) to make their voices heard.

If you don't agree with redacted minutes, take a copy down and ask for more detail
If you want to know how the club board works autonomously to the trust board then ask the question and don't be fobbed off with ambiguous answers ask for a flow chart detailing each of the boards and their respective interconnections and overlaps.

From memory I think the last open meeting attendance was woeful.........so no lame excuses - its in the evening, i take my kids swimming etc etc.
Don't snipe from the sidelines - get your questions in and/or get yourselves down there and make your voices heard.
. Where are the nine directors in the communinity recruiting the youth? Only recriuiting more directors> The proof, well,um....

Lost in Willesden wrote: November 11th, 2021, 11:01 pm

A new regime on the field marks the end of the 'great escape' era - for which the Trust/Board/club and all of the off the field activities have been pretty much left alone to run themselves.

I have been generally supportive for that reason, I'm appreciative of people who stand up and get on with it. Others haven't, for their own reasons I suppose.

But there is a nagging doubt in my mind as to how the various movements/additions and secondments to the 'boards' are engineered, and by whom. I don't for one minute think that these are unconstitutional, more so that the Supporters Trust model that supporters contributed to was not the 'fan owned club' envisaged.

Seems we stumped up the money in return for 'Community shares' for the 'Trust' to purchase 'club shares', which allowed the 'Trust board' to put the capital into the 'club' in return for one of the 'Trust board' members to sit on the 'club board' that consists of many other, largely anonymous, 'club board' directors.

Every season the link between the Trust members and the club board is diluted and distanced. I have no idea who half of those names on the list are, or who voted them on.

But lets be clear, the open meeting later this month is the perfect opportunity for anyone and everyone that has concerns or who just wants clarification on who does what and why (or why not) to make their voices heard.

If you don't agree with redacted minutes, take a copy down and ask for more detail
If you want to know how the club board works autonomously to the trust board then ask the question and don't be fobbed off with ambiguous answers ask for a flow chart detailing each of the boards and their respective interconnections and overlaps.

From memory I think the last open meeting attendance was woeful.........so no lame excuses - its in the evening, i take my kids swimming etc etc.
Don't snipe from the sidelines - get your questions in and/or get yourselves down there and make your voices heard.
. Where are the nine directors in the communinity recruiting the youth? Only recriuiting more directors> The proof, well,um....
We have largest number of younger members than ever before. The Clwb Spytty and TeenExiles programmes are a huge success.

Willthiswork wrote: November 12th, 2021, 12:05 pm
Lost in Willesden wrote: November 11th, 2021, 11:01 pm

We have largest number of younger members than ever before. The Clwb Spytty and TeenExiles programmes are a huge success.
I asked you a question a while ago, on November 6th, 2021. But, you didn't answer. You answered the question above less than 24 hours later. Are you trying to avoid my question?

Here is my question again, please, do try to answer to the best of your ability.
Are you just the trust supporters representative, or do you represent everyone?

Torquay Exile wrote: November 15th, 2021, 6:37 pm Willthiswork, will you be answering my question or not? If you what me and many others to believe in you, why not answer my question.

Are you surprised that he didn't answer your question with the way you put it? Tbh with you, I'm only surprised he didn't tell you to go f*** yourself