Re: Open Meeting

I have no doubt there are better people in this world who could run this club better than the current board.

I also have no doubt there are people who could have asked stronger questions of the board on Thursday.

Where are they? They don't put their names forward for elections. They didn't show up to ask questions on Thursday.

And they never do.

Lost in Willesden wrote: November 28th, 2021, 6:32 am Hard to believe the real questions were not asked ( Are we going to buy a new stadium: How about a youth system) ...but this. No wonder the the unelected board gets away with murder...
So instead of being a keyboard idiot why didn’t you attend and ask questions and why don’t you put yourself forward for the Board they are elected so your comment is absolutely wrong - the problem is too many idiots like you happy to criticise but too scared to ask questions or stand for election if you could do better - until you do why don’t keep quiet!

Papski2 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 10:44 am I have no doubt there are better people in this world who could run this club better than the current board.

I also have no doubt there are people who could have asked stronger questions of the board on Thursday.

Where are they? They don't put their names forward for elections. They didn't show up to ask questions on Thursday.

And they never do.
The Board do fine in my view but I agree there could be improvements and maybe stronger Board members but critics should put up or shut up I think.

County ranger wrote: November 28th, 2021, 12:41 pm
Papski2 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 10:44 am I have no doubt there are better people in this world who could run this club better than the current board.

And they never do.
The Board do fine in my view but I agree there could be improvements and maybe stronger Board members but critics should put up or shut up I think.
Let's examine this.

If the board of directors truly wanted to engage why not arrange these meeting every three months? Why not hold the meeting on a Saturday morning when more people could attend? Why not live stream it on Youtube? (Not all of us do twtter and facebook) Why not invite questions in advances?

Incidently. I was once advised, I forget by whom, to ask a question of the club by email. I did. The response was. 'Dear Halligan, We will inform you when we inform everyone else.

If supporters don't engage with the club, it may be because the club doesn't engage with the supporters.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 28th, 2021, 12:52 pm

And they never do.
Let's examine this.

If the board of directors truly wanted to engage why not arrange these meeting every three months? Why not hold the meeting on a Saturday morning when more people could attend? Why not live stream it on Youtube? (Not all of us do twtter and facebook) Why not invite questions in advances?

Incidently. I was once advised, I forget by whom, to ask a question of the club by email. I did. The response was. 'Dear Halligan, We will inform you when we inform everyone else.

If supporters don't engage with the club, it may be because the club doesn't engage with the supporters.
Or I could be that those supporters who are unhappy, can't be arsed to attend a meeting that the County Board could be arsed to attend.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 28th, 2021, 12:52 pm Let's examine this.

I see reasons and excuses but no action.

If the issues with our club were that urgent, I'm sure at least one person would with these concerns would have made the effort. But no, the club didn't make it convenient for the people with the "biggest" concerns.

The revolution will not be televised.. unless it is between the hours of 10 and 11am on a Saturday morning and live on YouTube.

Lost in Willesden wrote: November 28th, 2021, 6:32 am Hard to believe the real questions were not asked ( Are we going to buy a new stadium: How about a youth system) ...but this. No wonder the the unelected board gets away with murder...
Well turn up for the meetings or send in questions yourself it's not hard

And they are unelected because no one else could be arsed to stand

Fair play to those that do put themselves out as the current board have

Papski2 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 1:42 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 28th, 2021, 12:52 pm Let's examine this.

I see reasons and excuses but no action.

If the issues with our club were that urgent, I'm sure at least one person would with these concerns would have made the effort. But no, the club didn't make it convenient for the people with the "biggest" concerns.

The revolution will not be televised.. unless it is between the hours of 10 and 11am on a Saturday morning and live on YouTube.
To misquote The Life of Brian........

Stan, our glorious leader and founder of the P.F.J., will be coordinating consultant at the drain head, though he himself will not be taking part in any terrorist action, as he has a bad back.

UPTHEPORT wrote: November 28th, 2021, 2:30 pm

Ok, let's have a list of all those elected and unelected board members, shall we? While we are at it, what about jobs for the boys/girls and relatives too.

We could always have a question and answer section on here. After all, we do have some of the board of directors on here.

Torquay Exile wrote: November 28th, 2021, 4:53 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: November 28th, 2021, 2:30 pm

Ok, let's have a list of all those elected and unelected board members, shall we? While we are at it, what about jobs for the boys/girls and relatives too.

We could always have a question and answer section on here. After all, we do have some of the board of directors on here.
Can't be arsed to, sorry

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 28th, 2021, 1:02 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 28th, 2021, 12:52 pm

And they never do.
Let's examine this.

Or I could be that those supporters who are unhappy, can't be arsed to attend a meeting that the County Board could be arsed to attend.

Wrong once again, as usual. Not all Newport County board could be bothered to attend. They say that they had other commitments and were unwell (unwell that you can not predict). The other Board of Directors, if they could not attend, would it have been better to cancel until everyone could (I believe it would).