Re: Open Meeting

Is it really necessary for every single board member to attend? Why?
Basically it was a good meeting, as they normally are. The presentations were excellent, far better than listening to the sound an engine makes, or discussing Peppa Pig.
You should make the effort next time.

Lost in Willesden wrote: November 28th, 2021, 5:55 am WTF, where to start.

The Director of Football declaring football isn't necessary.

I'm sorry half way through this it's a joke.

I'm waiting to hear about ...land and how we build a future. All I hear is ****** ******* over themselves .

Goodness, I was hoping for some leadership .

But nothing there. Just embarrassment.
What a disgusting series of comments. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 28th, 2021, 12:52 pm
County ranger wrote: November 28th, 2021, 12:41 pm
Papski2 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 10:44 am I have no doubt there are better people in this world who could run this club better than the current board.

I also have no doubt there are people who could have asked stronger questions of the board on Thursday.

Where are they? They don't put their names forward for elections. They didn't show up to ask questions on Thursday.

And they never do.
The Board do fine in my view but I agree there could be improvements and maybe stronger Board members but critics should put up or shut up I think.
Let's examine this.

If the board of directors truly wanted to engage why not arrange these meeting every three months? Why not hold the meeting on a Saturday morning when more people could attend? Why not live stream it on Youtube? (Not all of us do twtter and facebook) Why not invite questions in advances?

Incidently. I was once advised, I forget by whom, to ask a question of the club by email. I did. The response was. 'Dear Halligan, We will inform you when we inform everyone else.

If supporters don't engage with the club, it may be because the club doesn't engage with the supporters.
I agree Stan. It's like they are so comfortable with being in charge they feel untouchable.

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 28th, 2021, 6:04 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: November 28th, 2021, 4:53 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: November 28th, 2021, 2:30 pm
Lost in Willesden wrote: November 28th, 2021, 6:32 am Hard to believe the real questions were not asked ( Are we going to buy a new stadium: How about a youth system) ...but this. No wonder the the unelected board gets away with murder...
Well turn up for the meetings or send in questions yourself it's not hard

And they are unelected because no one else could be arsed to stand

Fair play to those that do put themselves out as the current board have

Ok, let's have a list of all those elected and unelected board members, shall we? While we are at it, what about jobs for the boys/girls and relatives too.

We could always have a question and answer section on here. After all, we do have some of the board of directors on here.
Can't be arsed to, sorry
Is that because you know that I'm right?

Torquay Exile wrote: November 29th, 2021, 5:18 pm
Lost in Willesden wrote: November 28th, 2021, 6:32 am Hard to believe the real questions were not asked ( Are we going to buy a new stadium: How about a youth system) ...but this. No wonder the the unelected board gets away with murder...

Ok, let's have a list of all those elected and unelected board members, shall we? While we are at it, what about jobs for the boys/girls and relatives too.

We could always have a question and answer section on here. After all, we do have some of the board of directors on here.
Can't be arsed to, sorry
No, I am happy remember, it is up to YOU to get of your arse if you want to run the club.

However as you can't be arsed to attend a meeting and ask questions, I guess that running the club might be a bit of a stretch.

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 29th, 2021, 5:25 pm

Can't be arsed to, sorry
No, I am happy remember, it is up to YOU to get of your arse if you want to run the club.

However as you can't be arsed to attend a meeting and ask questions, I guess that running the club might be a bit of a stretch.
For all you know I might have some sort of disability and other supporters too. This could be our only way to communicate with the board and the outside world.

With to-days technology, we should be able to talk and reach out to the board at any time. and to those that represent us (Yes, that's right those that represent us) at any time.

Torquay Exile wrote: November 29th, 2021, 5:42 pm

Can't be arsed to, sorry

For all you know I might have some sort of disability and other supporters too. This could be our only way to communicate with the board and the outside world.

With to-days technology, we should be able to talk and reach out to the board at any time. and to those that represent us (Yes, that's right those that represent us) at any time.
You understand that they have a club to run do you? The sense of entitlement from people who can't be arsed themselves is unbelievable.

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 29th, 2021, 5:56 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: November 29th, 2021, 5:42 pm

Can't be arsed to, sorry

You understand that they have a club to run do you? The sense of entitlement from people who can't be arsed themselves is unbelievable.
Is that the only answer you have?

What about those that cannot attend. Are you now saying there still not allowed to question the board of directors also?

I know that you want to satisfy your ambition of being able to say to the directors that "you have your doubts about them" from the comfort of your armchair. However it would be very boring for everyone else, and achieve very little.

The presentations covered topics that were very revelevant, of the moment, but difficult to answer in a one line Q and A sheet.

Now I'm sure the technology exists for James Rowberry to do his Q and A from Colchester, but he didn't.

And I'm sure if those at the meeting felt your question was worthwhile repeating, it would have been posed for you.

Personally I am happy with the format, as the more people feel they are entitled to ask questions that don't provide an insight, the less interesting it becomes.

Joe mentioned a number of times that he has a table at the marquee on match days. Joe is the trust representative, and that is the channel that should be considered. Frankly if you are unable to attend a match, and unable to discuss your concerns with Joe directly, then I'm not sure that the directors should spend too much valuable time, away from running the club.

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 29th, 2021, 8:37 pm I know that you want to satisfy your ambition of being able to say to the directors that "you have your doubts about them" from the comfort of your armchair. However it would be very boring for everyone else, and achieve very little.

The presentations covered topics that were very revelevant, of the moment, but difficult to answer in a one line Q and A sheet.

Now I'm sure the technology exists for James Rowberry to do his Q and A from Colchester, but he didn't.

And I'm sure if those at the meeting felt your question was worthwhile repeating, it would have been posed for you.

Personally I am happy with the format, as the more people feel they are entitled to ask questions that don't provide an insight, the less interesting it becomes.

Joe mentioned a number of times that he has a table at the marquee on match days. Joe is the trust representative, and that is the channel that should be considered. Frankly if you are unable to attend a match, and unable to discuss your concerns with Joe directly, then I'm not sure that the directors should spend too much valuable time, away from running the club.

Why are you bringing Joe into this? For a start, he is new to the Trust Board, and also, he is not one of the Board of Directors. I think that I'm able to trust Joe more than anyone else at this moment in time. I don't know Joe well enough to criticize him at this time.

Going back to the Trust Board, we know more about them since Joe has been there than any other time. In my opinion.

" I don't know Joe well enough to criticize him at this time."

I bet Joe is pleased about that, but now he knows what is coming his way.

Anyway, I know you would prefer a bat phone to be installed for direct access to the directors, but I am happy that you trust Joe, (for the time being).

Torquay Exile wrote: November 29th, 2021, 9:23 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: November 29th, 2021, 8:37 pm I know that you want to satisfy your ambition of being able to say to the directors that "you have your doubts about them" from the comfort of your armchair. However it would be very boring for everyone else, and achieve very little.

Why are you bringing Joe into this? For a start, he is new to the Trust Board, and also, he is not one of the Board of Directors. I think that I'm able to trust Joe more than anyone else at this moment in time. I don't know Joe well enough to criticize him at this time.

Going back to the Trust Board, we know more about them since Joe has been there than any other time. In my opinion.
Just so that you are aware, Joe is one of the Directors of the Supporters Trust. Has been since the early summer.

As mentioned at the Open meeting, members can ask questions by emailing info@ncafctrust.org

For club matters the email contact is office@newport-county.co.uk

pembsexile wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:55 am
Torquay Exile wrote: November 29th, 2021, 9:23 pm

Just so that you are aware, Joe is one of the Directors of the Supporters Trust. Has been since the early summer.

As mentioned at the Open meeting, members can ask questions by emailing info@ncafctrust.org

For club matters the email contact is office@newport-county.co.uk
So just to point out then all those moaning could have sent in questions then but still choose to discredit the open meeting