Re: Green County?

Anytime return train fare to Newport:

Cwmbran - Child £2.50 Adult £5.10
Pontypool - Child £2.80 Adult £5.60

And a third off with a Railcard

whoareya wrote: November 4th, 2021, 10:28 am Anytime return train fare to Newport:

So here's your problem. Two adults with two kids living in Ty Canol. Add the bus fare to Cwmban and you are talking about £25 to £30 for a day out. However a bus can a be cheaper and can travel by a route which saves on travel time and is far less expensive.

I think things through, which to answer another of your questions means that I have not considered selling bamboo underpants.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 4th, 2021, 11:32 am
whoareya wrote: November 4th, 2021, 10:28 am Anytime return train fare to Newport:

So here's your problem. Two adults with two kids living in Ty Canol. Add the bus fare to Cwmban and you are talking about £25 to £30 for a day out. However a bus can a be cheaper and can travel by a route which saves on travel time and is far less expensive.

I think things through, which to answer another of your questions means that I have not considered selling bamboo underpants.
Although the person who first thought through the idea of selling bamboo underpants (not our Colin), seems to be doing very nicely out of it...

https://www.fool.com.au/2021/11/04/asx- ... e-company/

The chances of two adults with two children not having the use of a car is virtually nil, they would still travel by car as it is much more convenient for a family of four and is probably still cheaper than getting a subsidised bus that takes an hour to wind its way through Torfaen stopping every few hundred yards.

There's more chance of them buying bamboo underpants than dad, mam and the two kids choosing to take a bus for a family day out to watch league 2 football...........

Keep working on thinking things through....................

whoareya wrote: November 4th, 2021, 12:29 pm
The chances of two adults with two children not having the use of a car is virtually nil, they would still travel by car as it is much more convenient for a family of four and is probably still cheaper than getting a subsidised bus that takes an hour to wind its way through Torfaen stopping every few hundred yards.

There's more chance of them buying bamboo underpants than dad, mam and the two kids choosing to take a bus for a family day out to watch league 2 football...........

Quite so. Which is why if you want people who are unselfish to go green, that is take public transport and not use the convenience of their car then that transport must be inexpensive and convenient.

Unfortunately some people will be selfish no matter what you do. But thankfully not everybody thinks like you.

whoareya wrote: November 4th, 2021, 12:29 pm

Add the fact that Cwmbran Depot Stagecoach bus drivers are currently taking strike action.
Apart from that good luck in getting a bus back to Cwmbran, let alone Ty Canol, after an evening match.
Sorry Stan, but you have failed the due diligence test.

Trouble is that the station in Ponty is nowhere near where anyone lives. A bus from the Clarence would be better picking up in Cwmbran town centre

Victor Meldrew wrote: November 4th, 2021, 2:11 pm

Add the fact that Cwmbran Depot Stagecoach bus drivers are currently taking strike action.
Apart from that good luck in getting a bus back to Cwmbran, let alone Ty Canol, after an evening match.
So if you can't use public transport all the more reason for the club to examine at the very least, whether it is feasible to run football special busses.

I don't think it's me that has failed due diligence. Probably because I take the time to read what people write. Rather than have a kneejerk reaction.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 4th, 2021, 4:37 pm

So if you can't use public transport all the more reason for the club to examine at the very least, whether it is feasible to run football special busses.

I don't think it's me that has failed due diligence. Probably because I take the time to read what people write. Rather than have a kneejerk reaction.
That's strike breaking 🤔

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 4th, 2021, 4:37 pm

How is it a knee-jerk reaction when after taking the time to read that you "think things through" I was merely highlighting that on this occasion your knowledge of the facts was somewhat lacking. There are people better qualified than your good self to comment on local matters.

He has no understanding of today, trapped in a world of fantasy since he left the real world sometime in the 80's. Recycling to him means bringing back ideas discussed when County were in the Hellenic League.

It's just embarrassing isn't it. When is the foreign troll going to engage in a sensible, curtious manner?

Victor Meldrew wrote: November 4th, 2021, 6:26 pm

How is it a knee-jerk reaction when after taking the time to read that you "think things through" I was merely highlighting that on this occasion your knowledge of the facts was somewhat lacking. There are people better qualified than your good self to comment on local matters.
I stayed for a few months in my late sister's house in Ty Canol. The point I was making, if you read my post was that it would be very difficult to travel to Rodney Parade via public transport. Hence the club, in my opinion, should look at running busses which would enable supporters who don't live close by to a railway station to get to games.

The substance of your post agreed with me. But because of your kneejerk reaction, you failed to realize that, and had a little dig. A sad lack of diligence on your part I'm afraid.

Please look at my earlier post. A bus service should run from the Clarence at Pontypool via Cwmbran town centre. Pontypool railway station is nowhere near where people actually live it’s nearer Mathilda than Pontypool town centre