Tom King... Y Clwb Pel Droed interview

Can't / don't know how to put up the link

Anyway back to the subject......
Reading an interview with our former keeper and what he says when he spoke to Bobby Madley (you know, he who was ref for the play off final),,,,
He says at a match Salford had in pre season where Madley was the ref he asked him why / how he gave that penalty?
He says Madley admitted it was a soft penalty and maybe he made a mistake in awarding it.

Love it or hate it surely that proves that in such important games that can make or break football clubs /players futures that VAR should have been in used in finals......
Everyone is human and makes mistakes, granted.. I accept that without question but one mistake, when technology is there to help and agreed by the powers that its used at the highest level it should be used in such important games?

King also says he wanted to stay but MF didn't want him, opting to bring in Joe Day instead

Re: Tom King... Y Clwb Pel Droed interview

neilcork68 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 7:12 am Can't / don't know how to put up the link

Reading an interview with our former keeper and what he says when he spoke to Bobby Madley (you know, he who was ref for the play off final),,,,
He says at a match Salford had in pre season where Madley was the ref he asked him why / how he gave that penalty?
He says Madley admitted it was a soft penalty and maybe he made a mistake in awarding it.

Love it or hate it surely that proves that in such important games that can make or break football clubs /players futures that VAR should have been in used in finals......
Everyone is human and makes mistakes, granted.. I accept that without question but one mistake, when technology is there to help and agreed by the powers that its used at the highest level it should be used in such important games?

King also says he wanted to stay but MF didn't want him, opting to bring in Joe Day instead
Never made sense to me. Wembley has it all set up for VAR. It was even used when we play Spurs there in the FA cup. Yet for reasons only the EFL can explain they won't use VAR because it hasn't been used in any of the other 40 odd games within each league.

Re: Tom King... Y Clwb Pel Droed interview

County-at-the-races wrote: November 6th, 2021, 12:06 pm
neilcork68 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 7:12 am Can't / don't know how to put up the link

Never made sense to me. Wembley has it all set up for VAR. It was even used when we play Spurs there in the FA cup. Yet for reasons only the EFL can explain they won't use VAR because it hasn't been used in any of the other 40 odd games within each league.
The Ref was dreadful that day. Not saying he was ingerlish. Or...even biased. Or even appointed by the English FA. But, we weren't great. And today again we were'nt great.

But **** 'em.