Re: St Albans

mad norm wrote: November 7th, 2021, 7:23 pm Great win that. Credit to them for not sitting back after the third goal
Anyone there when we played them and the programme was a folded sheet of A4?
Think they were hard up at the time!
Early Noughties, I think.
The County fans singing "You've got no supporters!"
A city of 140,000 people please note.
Made up for Shaun Jeffers after the stick he got from Harps.

North London Exile wrote: November 7th, 2021, 7:30 pm
mad norm wrote: November 7th, 2021, 7:23 pm Great win that. Credit to them for not sitting back after the third goal
You have to be a little careful on population. Newport 155,000 but post code of 308,000. St Albans 57,000 post code 147,000.

Forest Green Rovers don't look the same team when Matt doesn't play , do they ?

They seem a one man team...If he gets a long term injury they will fall from the top of the division like a stone unless Veggie Boy opens his cheque book and signs another striker...( showing my age there with the use of Cheque Book...)

neilcork68 wrote: November 7th, 2021, 11:59 pm Forest Green Rovers don't look the same team when Matt doesn't play , do they ?

They seem a one man team...If he gets a long term injury they will fall from the top of the division like a stone unless Veggie Boy opens his cheque book and signs another striker...( showing my age there with the use of Cheque Book...)

No that sounds ok to me. Chequebook works for me.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 7th, 2021, 8:46 pm
You have to be a little careful on population. Newport 155,000 but post code of 308,000. St Albans 57,000 post code 147,000.

A little bit careful on population......

Absolutely, as a lot of the St Alban's population would have been devastated that their Manchester team, lost at home to a Manchester team supported mainly by Mancunians.

Correct me if I am wrong, but does St Alban's have a sea and hills as barrier's ? Does St Albans have a long and proud history in the football league? Have they always owned their own ground?

You do indeed have to be careful with comparing population, and ignoring the more important external factors.

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 8th, 2021, 6:33 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 7th, 2021, 8:46 pm

A little bit careful on population......

Absolutely, as a lot of the St Alban's population would have been devastated that their Manchester team, lost at home to a Manchester team supported mainly by Mancunians.

Correct me if I am wrong, but does St Alban's have a sea and hills as barrier's ? Does St Albans have a long and proud history in the football league? Have they always owned their own ground?

You do indeed have to be careful with comparing population, and ignoring the more important external factors.
This is all about St Albans:

Living in St Albans – Hertfordshire’s Best Commuter Town
living-in-st-albans

St Albans

get the data

SAINTS 3 FOREST GREEN ROVERS 2

Location within Hertfordshire

York Rd, St Albans AL1 4PL

St. Albans (disambiguation)