Re: GRANDSTAND: Swindon Town EFL Trophy. Away (Match-day Thread)

I watched the game and it wasn't a great performance, probably because it was a team thrown together and therefore not familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of their fellow players. It's a competition that is fourth (out of four) on the list of priorities for the club and will remain so possibly for as long as County are required to put out a team for it. However it is not without merit. The two games I saw this year (Arsenal kids and Swindon B) did give some indicators. Woodiwiss looks composed both as a CB and defensive midfielder, Bright looked defensively sound bar one or two little mistakes, Collins in an attacking 3 works well, but he's not so good as a midfielder. I thought Louis Hall did okay in both games and Livermore did well for 70 minutes in the Arsenal game, after which he was pretty much dead on his feet. I was impressed with Missilou v Arsenal but he looked pretty shaky v Swindon. Greenidge and Abraham both come under "work in progress" with possibly Abraham having the most to do. Both seem to have a terrible first touch and are greedy when in possession, favouring a shot themselves when a pass to a team-mate is a better option. Their accuracy are both poor. Much for both to work on and not a lot of time (before January and possible loan out) to do it in.

Still I'm guessing one of the benefits is to weed out those that aren't going to make it at this level.

Re: GRANDSTAND: Swindon Town EFL Trophy. Away (Match-day Thread)

George Street-Bridge wrote: November 10th, 2021, 6:09 am One--nil was about right. The annoying thing is if the senior players had come anywhere near stepping up to the plate he could have had his learning exercise AND we'd have put a few quid in the bank and kept an interest in the competition. Now we're out it's time for some loans out ahead of January.
Yes, this, disappointing. The first team have very little competition at all. I thought the first team squad players were poor, we’d have been better off having a good look at the youngsters. Still at least the manager is now aware of the lack of quality at his disposal.