Re: GRANDSTAND: Hartlepool United, Away (Match-day Thread)

Percy plunkett wrote: November 12th, 2021, 10:41 pm I thought we looked good passing in attacking areas and always felt we could sneak one but,they were direct and our defence was scrambling at times so,they were likely to get one also.So,happy going forward but,work needed on us being stretched.
Agree with that but if we remedied that deficiency we might not perhaps be so effective going forward

lowandhard wrote: November 12th, 2021, 10:49 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: November 12th, 2021, 10:41 pm I thought we looked good passing in attacking areas and always felt we could sneak one but,they were direct and our defence was scrambling at times so,they were likely to get one also.So,happy going forward but,work needed on us being stretched.
Agree with that but if we remedied that deficiency we might not perhaps be so effective going forward
Have to agree with you both. Think our back line are handicapped with a lack of pace and will inevitably be put under pressure by pacey forwards. Nevertheless as we all know if you score more than you concede you win the game. Stats of all our games under the new manager for shots at goal are very impressive. To be ultra picky though the shots on target percentage could be higher.
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on November 12th, 2021, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lowandhard wrote: November 12th, 2021, 10:49 pm
You could be right but,just to calm our nerves,I wish one would just sit in and protect our defenders a bit more.

Castle Exile wrote: November 13th, 2021, 1:10 pm
excessbee wrote: November 12th, 2021, 10:22 pm Looked a strange decision by Telford to head that ball, but it obviously confused the defenders also.
A strange comment actually, the ball bounced up quite high and Telford reacted brilliantly to twist slightly and head it in, no real way he could volley it from that height with his weaker foot and expect to control it.

A point was probably a fair result, but not complaining. Thought Upson had an excellent second half and whilst we seemed to come under some pressure they didn't threaten the goal too often. We worked hard as a team and made important blocks. If I was to be slightly critical I think we passed the ball a little too slowly at times maybe making a pass too many.
Yeah, fair comment on a second viewing. There was more space to that side of the goal than I first thought. Telford obviously backed himself to squeeze it in. A difficult skill with not much pace on the ball after the bounce.

ghosty wrote: November 13th, 2021, 5:45 pm
Free beer wrote: November 12th, 2021, 9:50 pm Fantastic result!
The only fans to boo taking the knee, what a bunch of *****
Great games by Cooper, Azaz, Upson, etc.
And here's why
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51330925
Don’t understand your reasoning there, all the more reason to take the knee. Obviously must be a club decision though if I was one of their black players I’d be a bit miffed. I thought I heard a bit of booing at ko, was that because our players took the knee I wonder? If so there’s still a problem there.