Re: Exeter City

George Street-Bridge wrote: November 14th, 2021, 9:18 am So what would the other contributing factor/s be?
Well we know that Exeter managed to develop St James Park before these sales. How did they raise the finance?

I don't know the answer. Being brought up by a mother who didn't want her boy to be a failure in life she instructed him that when he didn't know the answer to something, I had a choice. Remain ignorant or ask someone who did know the answer.

Which is why I hope our board of directors asked questions of another set of directors at a fans owned club.

Re: Exeter City

From Wikipedia

In May 2016, permission was granted for a redevelopment of the Old Grandstand (then known as the Stagecoach Family Stand), that would see the 90-year-old stand be demolished and replaced with a new 1,600 seat stand, which would be financed by the building of new student accommodation behind the Big Bank.[2] The option for a new, covered standing away terrace was also included and approved under planning permission. As part of the redevelopment, the club announced in October 2018 that the Old Grandstand's replacement would be named 'The Stagecoach Adam Stansfield Stand', in honour of the striker who died from cancer in 2010, at the age of 31.[3]