Re: Swindon tickets not available on matchday

Willthiswork wrote: November 18th, 2021, 1:38 pm Ticket office open at RP until 6pm tonight and tomorrow.
I appreciate that staff have a home to go to and like to finish work at a reasonable hour, but as a Board member can you explain the rationale as to why online transactions couldn’t continue until midnight?. On a conservative basis I reckon we will lose between 500 to 1000 on the attendance, or put another way, £7,500 to £15,000.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: November 18th, 2021, 7:04 pm
Willthiswork wrote: November 18th, 2021, 1:38 pm Ticket office open at RP until 6pm tonight and tomorrow.
I appreciate that staff have a home to go to and like to finish work at a reasonable hour, but as a Board member can you explain the rationale as to why online transactions couldn’t continue until midnight?. On a conservative basis I reckon we will lose between 500 to 1000 on the attendance, or put another way, £7,500 to £15,000.
Cannot see the problem it is well publicised and I find it hard to believe that we have a 1,000 spontaneous fans or the same number who do not view social media etc it has been moaned about so.much hard to miss really.

Blackandamber wrote: November 18th, 2021, 12:08 pm How exactly does the system prevent Swindon fans buying tickets online from the home allocation?
I think the answer is that it doesn't - but pre-matchday sales mean giving your address which makes it easier to spot and check if someone with a Wiltshire postcode is buying a ticket in the home stands, and also means the Peelers have an idea of who to look out for. Whereas on the day, it's a bit more of a free-for-all.

I do wonder whether there might be a logic to assigning an extra block or two of the Bisley for away fans in future seasons. It'd mean a few Bisley ST holders having to move a bit, but given we hardly ever sell out our home allocations it'd give us that bit more flexibility when a side with a big following come to town.

I think you're coming at this from the wrong angle. Instead of 'we hardly ever sell out our home allocation', the point is, we hardly ever sell out our away allocation. Regular attenders should not have to shift for visiting spectators even if it's just on three(?) occasions. Anyway, the split in the Bisley concourse arrangements doesn't allow for chopping and changing of away numbers. Any redesign would need to be permanent and not be needed for 20/23 matches. On most occasions the 400 (at a guess) Bisley seats are not a sellout.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: November 18th, 2021, 8:38 pm Fair enough. Just frustrating to not have the flexibility when there's money to be made! It'll all get sorted when my lottery money rolls in and I build a new Kairdiff Exile End where the North Terrace sits currently: a massive two-tier safe standing curva with a capacity of around 18,000. We can then give the Hazells Stand to away fans, job done. :lol:
Don’t be a tightwad, build the wraparound and replace the Compeed with a new structure, even away fans don’t deserve the khazi on that side though of course it resembles the lavatories in a Hollywood mansion in comparison to Somerton Park! It’s only been 40 odd years so I haven’t got the smell out of my nostrils yet 😂 Still would love to be there mind you.

lowandhard wrote: November 18th, 2021, 10:50 pm
Kairdiff Exile wrote: November 18th, 2021, 8:38 pm Fair enough. Just frustrating to not have the flexibility when there's money to be made! It'll all get sorted when my lottery money rolls in and I build a new Kairdiff Exile End where the North Terrace sits currently: a massive two-tier safe standing curva with a capacity of around 18,000. We can then give the Hazells Stand to away fans, job done. :lol:
Don’t be a tightwad, build the wraparound and replace the Compeed with a new structure, even away fans don’t deserve the khazi on that side though of course it resembles the lavatories in a Hollywood mansion in comparison to Somerton Park! It’s only been 40 odd years so I haven’t got the smell out of my nostrils yet 😂 Still would love to be there mind you.
It may of been a s***hole, but it was OUR S***hole