Re: Swindon tickets not available on matchday

Blackandamber wrote: November 15th, 2021, 3:10 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: November 15th, 2021, 2:11 pm Interesting Mike I can't remember now but before interweb how would the club announced this sort of thing was it just say in Argus
Before interweb people used to just turn up and pay cash at the turnstiles. I can't remember when segregation started. If there was likely to a very high demand for a game it was made all ticket.
It would never have happened mate! Simpler times and in that respect better, no messing with ko times and days except to benefit fans eg 3.15 ko for the steelworkers at Somerton. Nowadays it invariably inconveniences them eg Friday evenings.
Good idea by Fu Ming, let everybody know on Twitter, Facepest and telephone or even shout over the fence. Put it on banners over Newport’s main thoroughfares

excessbee wrote: November 15th, 2021, 11:07 pm But if away supporters in the home areas did cause a problem, it would be our club that would face the consequences for allowing that situation to arise.
It would be naive to think that some Swindon supporters have not already secured tickets in the ‘home’ areas, it’s easy to do and a natural consequence of selling out the away allocation.
Sadly it’s mainly County supporters who are to suffer from this rather arbitrary 6pm cutoff, a time that itself is ridiculous as why can’t online transactions continue until at least midnight?

lowandhard wrote: November 15th, 2021, 8:21 pm
Blackandamber wrote: November 15th, 2021, 3:10 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: November 15th, 2021, 2:11 pm Interesting Mike I can't remember now but before interweb how would the club announced this sort of thing was it just say in Argus
Before interweb people used to just turn up and pay cash at the turnstiles. I can't remember when segregation started. If there was likely to a very high demand for a game it was made all ticket.
It would never have happened mate! Simpler times and in that respect better, no messing with ko times and days except to benefit fans eg 3.15 ko for the steelworkers at Somerton. Nowadays it invariably inconveniences them eg Friday evenings.
Good idea by Fu Ming, let everybody know on Twitter, Facepest and telephone or even shout over the fence. Put it on banners over Newport’s main thoroughfares
Similarly 7.15pm for evening games.

Bisley nearly sold out and Hazell about half full. Approx 5.5k seated (home+away) tickets sold if my maths is correct.

Would have been nice to accommodate more away fans considering they bring in £20 a head. That said, there’s no way to put them in the Hazell with the open areas, so the alternative would have to be moving Bisley fans to the less popular ends of the Hazell and also figuring out what to do with the remaining box owners who would then have disruptive away fans in their vicinity.