Re: Bar takings

lukerobins wrote: November 17th, 2021, 5:54 pm I've asked the team serving under the Hazel Terrace previously about discount on beer with proof of season ticket, and i keep getting the same response that it's not been authorised this season.
I mentioned the old 10% off with a season ticket to the girls behind a bar under the Hazell before the Stevenage game. They told me that there was now 20p off my £5 pint of Guinness. The 20p off had been put in place a couple of weeks earlier but they were told not to promote it and only apply it if asked.

countymadbel wrote: November 18th, 2021, 11:39 am Think we need bar amber open in the Riverside would be perfect come on all get it sorted
Was surprised it closed, and it’s a nice location, but looking at the previous owners’ comments in the press, they seemed to have a lot of complaints (pre pandemic) about the rents and the non local landlord.

Given they handed the shop over to Hummel, I’m guessing the board aren’t looking to take on any new non football business at the moment.

landinho wrote: November 18th, 2021, 5:35 pm
countymadbel wrote: November 18th, 2021, 11:39 am Think we need bar amber open in the Riverside would be perfect come on all get it sorted
Was surprised it closed, and it’s a nice location, but looking at the previous owners’ comments in the press, they seemed to have a lot of complaints (pre pandemic) about the rents and the non local landlord.

Given they handed the shop over to Hummel, I’m guessing the board aren’t looking to take on any new non football business at the moment.

Do you have a link to the comments?
Do you know who owns the premises or the name of the brewery?

Torquay Exile wrote: November 19th, 2021, 1:37 am
landinho wrote: November 18th, 2021, 5:35 pm

Do you have a link to the comments?
Do you know who owns the premises or the name of the brewery?
Comments were here about the restaurant they ran next door.

The landlords are Nine Hills (the Chadha family) from Watford who own the whole building.

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 16th, 2021, 11:25 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 16th, 2021, 7:34 pm 50% of the profit goes to Newport County. If we had an equal share in Rodney Parade or our own stadium it would be 100%.
Never been involved in a business deal then have we. One side takes on all the work, and the risk if the product doesn't sell, or goes off in the barrel. And the other side shares the profits. Who is better off?

Oh and if we owned the stadium eh......
First point it isn't, and never has been for sale.
Second point, County would own nothing until the completion of the mortgage, the bank would own it, we in effect still a tenant.
Third point, the WRU are a very sizable business, and as such get very attractive terms on investment capital. At most 1% above bank of England base rate. County however, at best could get 5% above base rate.
Who would you prefer to get investment capital from, the WRU or the Bank?
Your choice, but remember you and I will be long dead before any ground is Owned by the County.
However County will still be struggling to pay for your ideal, and still suffering the consequences. What a legacy you will leave behind for future generations of County supporters.
Good to see a post from the real world.