Re: Bar takings

Is that just for the Marquee?

What I find strange about this story is that I put something on another thread about 10 hours before, and they say the following:
Ahead of Saturday’s Sky Bet League Two fixture against Swindon Town FC, Exiles supporters can take advantage of Saturday's exclusive Guinness offer, with pints of Guinness available for £3.50 within the Marquee up until 2:00 pm.

In addition, all season ticket holders can benefit from 20p off all Pints across all Home Newport County AFC League fixtures – when presenting their Season Ticket at point of purchase.

Supporters are encouraged to arrive early, take advantage of such drink’s promotions, and generate Club income in the process through the Stadium Bar revenue split – the Club receives 50% of Bar revenues; an effortless way to continue to generate significant funds for the Club.

Maybe the Board of Directors is finally listening, or we were always getting 50%. But I suppose there could be another answer that might be for one game only.
How many customs drink Guinness? It would be nice to see a breakdown of all figures for all drinks sold and how many people use the Marquee. I will say well done for the 20% discount on all drinks.

The price of Guinness across parts of the UK.

Last edited by Torquay Exile on November 16th, 2021, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torquay Exile wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:24 pm Is that just for the Marquee?

What I find strange about this story is that I put something on another thread about 10 hours before, and they say the following:
Ahead of Saturday’s Sky Bet League Two fixture against Swindon Town FC, Exiles supporters can take advantage of Saturday's exclusive Guinness offer, with pints of Guinness available for £3.50 within the Marquee up until 2:00 pm.

In addition, all season ticket holders can benefit from 20p off all Pints across all Home Newport County AFC League fixtures – when presenting their Season Ticket at point of purchase.

Supporters are encouraged to arrive early, take advantage of such drink’s promotions, and generate Club income in the process through the Stadium Bar revenue split – the Club receives 50% of Bar revenues; an effortless way to continue to generate significant funds for the Club.

Maybe the Board of Directors is finally listening, or we were always getting 50%. But I suppose there could be another answer that might be for one game only.
How many customs drink Guinness? It would be nice to see a breakdown of all figures for all drinks sold and how many people use the Marquee. I will say well done for the 20% discount on all drinks.
It states "20p off all Pints across all Home Newport County AFC League fixtures".
Not 20% and not for one game only.

Victor Meldrew wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:59 pm

It states "20p off all Pints across all Home Newport County AFC League fixtures".
Ok, so I made a mistake on 20%. So it is 20p on all drinks, does that include hot drinks also soft drinks, too?

Torquay Exile wrote: November 16th, 2021, 10:22 pm
Victor Meldrew wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:59 pm

Ok, so I made a mistake on 20%. So it is 20p on all drinks, does that include hot drinks also soft drinks, too?
Only if they are pints! 😀
With regard to the other questions you raised, why don't you ask the Board of Directors?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 16th, 2021, 7:34 pm 50% of the profit goes to Newport County. If we had an equal share in Rodney Parade or our own stadium it would be 100%.
Never been involved in a business deal then have we. One side takes on all the work, and the risk if the product doesn't sell, or goes off in the barrel. And the other side shares the profits. Who is better off?

Oh and if we owned the stadium eh......
First point it isn't, and never has been for sale.
Second point, County would own nothing until the completion of the mortgage, the bank would own it, we in effect still a tenant.
Third point, the WRU are a very sizable business, and as such get very attractive terms on investment capital. At most 1% above bank of England base rate. County however, at best could get 5% above base rate.
Who would you prefer to get investment capital from, the WRU or the Bank?
Your choice, but remember you and I will be long dead before any ground is Owned by the County.
However County will still be struggling to pay for your ideal, and still suffering the consequences. What a legacy you will leave behind for future generations of County supporters.

If this is the case with us getting 50 % of the bar takings why only now have we been told this?? With Bar amber no more this would be income to the club . I like.many were under the impression that we were only getting 7% so like most fans who stay in the local pubs rather than spend over RP drinking their overpriced ales . ST TM LM have updates from the club I don't recall seeing this ?? Unless this information is wrong ? 7%to 50% is a big difference...