Re: VIDEO: Open Supporters Meeting

UPTHEPORT wrote: November 26th, 2021, 2:10 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 11:34 am I was there last night. I wouldn't say it was poorly attended. About similar numbers to open meetings in the past, I'd say.
Overall, I thought it was excellent.
Good to hear from the manager & the sporting director - and Kelly, the head of safeguarding, gave a really impressive insight into such an important role.
Great to hear Nigel say the club would post a profit for last season. That'll be four successive annual profits - how many clubs in L2 have done that, particularly with the last two being in a pandemic?
We all had information sheets on our seats, which answered a lot of questions and is probably why questions from the floor might have sounded a bit 'tame'.
Really enjoyed it.
Apologies for being positive. ;-)
Please can you stop posting positive post's it goes against the grain to some on here 🤣

Apparently we are on course for bankruptcy according to some , Nobody gets on behind the scenes, I could go on 🙄

So think on 🤪
Accepting I will also be chastised for my positivity; but also noted over 2000 season tickets sold. Our highest since returning to the EFL I believe? Plus over 1100 current trust members whose contributions provide £7500 to the club per month. Hardly high enough figures for me to be turning cartwheels, but at least they are heading in the right direction

Re: VIDEO: Open Supporters Meeting

landinho wrote: November 26th, 2021, 7:03 pm My only complaint (perhaps harsh on our new media officer) is that the recording is so poor. Other than that, impressive.
I think it's definitely something to consider for next time. If more people are watching online than in the room, it'd make sense to structure things so they get a better experience. Ensuring the presentations are properly virtual (so those watching see the slides properly rather than a camera pointing at a projection screen), and that online viewers can submit questions (even if moderated) should be possible. We're all getting used to hybrid events now, having got used to solely virtual ones during the pandemic, so this stuff takes time - but done right, it could widen the appeal further.