Academy

Went to watch the lads this morning,Unfortunately,farcical conditions because of the wind and freezing cold so,I only watched first half.One up thanks to a wind assisted cross from Bright.Surprised to see Livermore,Woodiwiss and Hillier playing,I thought they would be too old by now.Hoping for better weather next Saturday as they are home again.

Re: Academy

Jdw4127 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 1:43 pm Believe that teams are allowed to play 3 over age players in academy football , upto a certain age though.
How did the 3 of them play ? At least they are getting some game time
Difficult to judge with such a gale blowing,fair play to both sets of players for batting on.I spent periods just holding on to my bobble hat to save chasing after it.Hillier got booked just before HT,not sure what happened.I then went home as I was freezing,it’s really exposed on that pitch.

My boy plays for the under 12s.

They played Swansea last weekend. Swansea were clearly very well drilled and passed the ball really nicely, going 2-0 up very quickly.

Our boys hung on in there though, and gradually worked their way into the game. Scored 2 goals to make it 2-2 and should have won in the end.

They're unbeaten this season, and hold their own against everyone they come up against. So proud watching him, beats watching the senior team hands down for me.

Away to Plymouth tomorrow, I'll report back. Haha.

Just been to Lliswerry school to see the game against Portsmouth,the team mini bus was there but no game.Not sure when it was postponed but,it would be nice if the club or academy sites would say it was off.Not a complete waste of a trip though,I did a sweep of the car park and collected 96 recyclables,plastic bottles,glass bottles,cans and cardboard.It still amazes me that people can be so selfish and thoughtless to just chuck items out of their car and leave them.We are in a pandemic so the last thing we need is to encourage rats looking for a meal and making more problems.