Re: Exeter City are keen to keep hold of Newports Padraig Amond

Free beer wrote: January 6th, 2022, 9:49 pm
faerun exile wrote: January 6th, 2022, 9:16 pm
County4Life wrote: January 6th, 2022, 9:01 pm Amond > CBR
Amond’s legs were gone last season so it’s a no from me. This season CBR scoring every 208mins, Podge 326mins.
To be fair to Podge, our midfield is much more creative this season so the metrics are misleading.
CBR is not strong in air, not good touch, not good linking up. If Exeter want to keep Amond then that says a lot. Personally, i'm not saying the same for CBR (as it stands)

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 6th, 2022, 11:21 pm See no purpose in recalling Amond and increasing our wage bill.
If we are able to add to our squad it has to be a defensive one.
At the half way stage of our season the facts are we are the 2nd highest scorers in the league, but only 5 teams have conceded more.
That's a good point, some of the conceded goals of late if I am to be kind, let's just say were avoidable. What's Regan Poole doing, bring that lad back or someone of that stature. The club does so well on it's budget, but really hard to get the right quality at the right price
Last edited by County4Life on January 6th, 2022, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think the question should be whether Amond>Fisher, he is a fringe/bench player at Exeter and would be the same (again) for us. If the answer to that is yes, cost would be the next question and would probably be the stumbling block with more important questions to be addressed within the starting eleven before looking at strengthening the bench.

All that assumes that we keep Telford of course

Amberexile wrote: January 6th, 2022, 11:41 pm
I think the question should be whether Amond>Fisher, he is a fringe/bench player at Exeter and would be the same (again) for us. If the answer to that is yes, cost would be the next question and would probably be the stumbling block with more important questions to be addressed within the starting eleven before looking at strengthening the bench.

All that assumes that we keep Telford of course
That's not a good bedtime thought, losing Telford, please no!

2 really hard away matches over, we got a great chance to cement a play-off position again with this squad.

I've maybe been too fixated with CBR, as oldcromwellian pointed out, a defender might be the priority, a ball playing one suited to Rowberry's tactics

How many minutes Fisher had? I can't think of many with Rowberry. Maybe he don't fancy him (no silliness pls)

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 7th, 2022, 8:00 am In a recent interview JR was quite categoric in saying that it was highly unlikely that Podge was going to be recalled. That suggests either he is not part of his plans, or Almond has indicated his reluctance to return.
Good points. We have to remember that players themselves have a say in these matters and cannot just be moved around like chess pieces. Of course if the club is intending to sell Telford this transfer window then Amonds recall would make sense.