Re: Grandstand: Newport v Harrogate Town (Home) Behind Closed Doors))

phil_in_npton wrote: January 15th, 2022, 12:14 pm Good Afternoon!

This does feel strange! I shall be watching whilst enjoying a brunch! After last weeks disappointment I think a strong reaction is likely. Harrogate are struggling recently and I think with a good start, not conceding early, we will eventually gain a comfortable 4-0 victory. Looking for Dom or Mickey to score first to cover my tenner entrance fee.

Phil in Northampton
You certainly know your football Phil,what are the lottery numbers tonight?

Percy plunkett wrote: January 15th, 2022, 2:25 pm
phil_in_npton wrote: January 15th, 2022, 12:14 pm Good Afternoon!

This does feel strange! I shall be watching whilst enjoying a brunch! After last weeks disappointment I think a strong reaction is likely. Harrogate are struggling recently and I think with a good start, not conceding early, we will eventually gain a comfortable 4-0 victory. Looking for Dom or Mickey to score first to cover my tenner entrance fee.

Phil in Northampton
You certainly know your football Phil,what are the lottery numbers tonight?

To be fair Percy, I write that kind of thing before every match!

Phil in Northampton

Funny old game that, but the difference between the sides today was our ability to score goals,compared to their footballing prowess with no end product! I thought that Pask grew in confidence throughout the game, and was pleased with his debut, as I was with Waite, who looks a very promising addition to the squad! Several good performances, and a marked improvement on last Saturdays showing!
Overall, very pleased with the result, and that will be a good confidence booster, but we aren't back to our best yet. Let's hope we can kick on at Scunthorpe, and get back to live Rodney Parade fayre in due course!

lowandhard wrote: January 15th, 2022, 3:51 pm Two good debuts, in fact in Pask’s case excellent. I listened to the away commentary which was dismissive of CBR’s offensive abilities ( as am I tbh ), when he eventually scored, their comment was “ even CBR couldn’t miss that one “ - I thought he very nearly did so 😂
Have to agree about CBRs offensive shortcomings, but have to say that again today he did make several good defensive headers. If he is to be replaced, whoever does so will presumable have to take on his defensive duties to a comparable level.