Re: Will the UK join a war with Russia?

Welcome to the group of two that are calling for a 'No Fly Zone.'

Can I ask a few questions to those who didn't fight back.

Who is gping tp pay for the refugees.
Who is going to pay for the rebuilding of Ukraine
Who is going to pay for the new defences against future Russian aggressuion.

Now, in an era of;

High prices
High Interest rates
High Inflation
High unemployment
High food prices

Boris chose not to fight.

Remember that.

Lost in Willesden wrote: March 19th, 2022, 12:36 am Welcome to the group of two that are calling for a 'No Fly Zone.'

Can I ask a few questions to those who didn't fight back.

Who is gping tp pay for the refugees.
Who is going to pay for the rebuilding of Ukraine
Who is going to pay for the new defences against future Russian aggressuion.

Now, in an era of;

High prices
High Interest rates
High Inflation
High unemployment
High food prices

Boris chose not to fight.

Remember that.
Please don’t welcome me to your group. I am not calling for a NATO ‘no fly zone’. As I have said before, that will not work. It will only escalate the problem. If the United Nations wishes to mobilise, that is different, but that will not happen either as Russia has a UN veto on that.

We must understand, and this is vital, that the liar Putin has worked this all out politically. Yes, the war is not going his way but as we see, he keeps upping the ante when things go wrong. I believe that he will continue to do this. He cannot be seen to lose face, particularly in Russia.

I can guarantee you that US and NATO strategists will have worked out what he is trying to do. Know your enemy. In WW2 a historian and psychoanalyst (Walter Langer) wrote a famous paper - The mind of Adolf Hitler. He interviewed hundreds of people close to Hitler and predicted what he would do in the latter stages of the War. He got it all right. The same thing will be happening with the liar Putin. The strategists will be working on it.

At this stage, we must not escalate at all. Keep doing what we are doing and eventually the internal pressure on the liar Putin will be calamitous. Internal strife and agitation. That is what will topple him. He knows that and has already talked about it. He won’t be able to fight that. At the moment he is appealing to Russian patriotism. Calls anyone who doesn’t agree with him as scum and agents of the West. Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. In its pure form as intended by Johnson, this most certainly applies to the liar Putin.

I think that unfortunately, this War will go on for some time. Many people will die because the liar Putin is attempting to redraw the world stage with Russia place in it. He does not care about individual people. I suspect that in a few months, the liar Putin will be taken ‘ill’ and removed from the stage. Fingers crossed. I don’t normally wish ill will on any person but in his case I will make an exception.

It is a very definite ‘No to a NATO no fly zone’ at the moment from me.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 20th, 2022, 9:08 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: March 20th, 2022, 8:55 am I think nato should give Ukraine figher jets we are giving them arms if they don't have enough pilots I'm sure some would volunteer from other nations perhaps those just retired perhaps
I have no doubt that for all their tough talk, nato (the US in particular) doesn't have the nerve to do so.
That’s a logical suggestion Jim, but it just isn’t practical. Jets come with pilots and fast jet weapon training can take up to a year. Ukraine doesn’t have the time. It won’t be Western aircraft they need but there is a possibility that older Soviet era air aircraft could be used. Ukrainian pilots will be used to them. Poland tried a few weeks ago to get their older stock of Soviet era Mig29 to Ukraine. They were prepared to give these to Ukraine as their pilots would already have been trained on them. What they wanted was replacement fighters from the US. They denied this request as Russia said they saw that as a ‘provocation’ and interference. How crass is that?

I do agree though, something else must be done. The best news at the moment is the Turkish drones that Ukraine are using. They are doing a superb job against the Russian hardware. Filming their success as well.

On the day Boris said Porcupines are bombing themselves or whatever it was, finally an American General said, even if they think about deplying a weapon of mass destruction, we'll reply. 40,000 more troops on Natos's borders, which is a massive operation.

Russia holed up north of Kiev and losing battalians, crushed Marioapel and facing war crimes.

Ukraine not taking one step back. Putin like Turnip Taylor after Norway.

I see that the liar Putin has stated today that he will enter into talks about Ukraine if Ukraine and the West accept the illegal Russian annexation of the four regions in Ukraine that happened two months ago. If ever there was a time to learn from history, this is it.

In 1938 Germany ranted and raved about the Sudetenland, the area with a German speaking majority that was in Czechoslovakia. They wanted it annexed to Germany. In a futile attempt to prevent war, the major European nations held a conference with Hitler in Munich in September 1938 and gave in to his demands. Sudetanland became part of Germany. A few months later (March 1939) he took the rest of Czechoslovakia. I wonder what happened next. You must never give in to tyrants. In this case, if we did it would eventually get worse.

Putin and his regime are evil liars and must be resisted. Thank goodness, today even the Archbishop of Canterbury stated as such. There is much, much bloodshed ahead. I just hope the bloody politicians have learned the lessons from history.

pembsexile wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 6:28 pm I see that the liar Putin has stated today that he will enter into talks about Ukraine if Ukraine and the West accept the illegal Russian annexation of the four regions in Ukraine that happened two months ago. If ever there was a time to learn from history, this is it.

In 1938 Germany ranted and raved about the Sudetenland, the area with a German speaking majority that was in Czechoslovakia. They wanted it annexed to Germany. In a futile attempt to prevent war, the major European nations held a conference with Hitler in Munich in September 1938 and gave in to his demands. Sudetanland became part of Germany. A few months later (March 1939) he took the rest of Czechoslovakia. I wonder what happened next. You must never give in to tyrants. In this case, if we did it would eventually get worse.

Putin and his regime are evil liars and must be resisted. Thank goodness, today even the Archbishop of Canterbury stated as such. There is much, much bloodshed ahead. I just hope the bloody politicians have learned the lessons from history.
Well said dear chap. I sense the depth of your revulsion at the Evil Putin and his sycophants is similar to mine. As is probably your scepticism of some politicians.
Is it an irony or a paradox, that Germany has recently been exposed as one of the EU countries, along with France and Hungary I suspect, who hoped for a quick Russian victory so that their oil and gas supplies from Russia wouldn't be disrupted, and it would put to bed the thorny question of EU and/or Nato membership for Ukraine also.
Thought it telling that Ukraine has said that they have received far greater 'donations' from the Russian military in the way of munitions and tanks than from Germany.
It seems to me that selfish, economic self-interest is more uppermost in the mind of some countries' politicians at the moment; than learning the lessons from history about standing up to maniacal empire building tyrants.
The German Chancellor is now saying he wants to return to it's pre-war peace and economic deals with Russia once the war is over, but Putin must promise he will be a good boy in the future. Perhaps he will wave a bit of paper in the air with Putins signature on it, promising peace in our time, a la Chamberlin.