Re: NORMAN'S BIG W.C.

The way I play Norm, it’s all about the first two guesses. First guess usually has two vowels plus the word will start with a letter that hasn’t appeared as a starting letter in the last 10+ days. So my first guess (TEARS) used in the last two days has come up trumps for me on both occasions.

If I get nowhere with my first guess, or just one yellow square, then I choose a wholly different word and use up another of the five most common letters.
Before you know it you’ve used half of the alphabet discounting the really uncommon letters.

The third guess is where I get my paper and pen out and jot down as many words as I can using my correct letters, I will often write down 50+ possible words. I then look at those 50 words and see which 1-2 letters are common to most and go for one of those words. Chances are my third guess will be pretty close to the answer on 80% of days.

Good luck!

Re: NORMAN'S BIG W.C.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: May 4th, 2022, 10:40 pm The way I play Norm, it’s all about the first two guesses. First guess usually has two vowels plus the word will start with a letter that hasn’t appeared as a starting letter in the last 10+ days. So my first guess (TEARS) used in the last two days has come up trumps for me on both occasions.

If I get nowhere with my first guess, or just one yellow square, then I choose a wholly different word and use up another of the five most common letters.
Before you know it you’ve used half of the alphabet discounting the really uncommon letters.

The third guess is where I get my paper and pen out and jot down as many words as I can using my correct letters, I will often write down 50+ possible words. I then look at those 50 words and see which 1-2 letters are common to most and go for one of those words. Chances are my third guess will be pretty close to the answer on 80% of days.

Good luck!
Fair play to you that's a comprehensive well thought out formula. No wonder my 5 mins max. spending on it is not getting me near the leaders board. Enjoy doing it though.