Re: 10 League Games to Go

I think if we hold our nerve we have every chance of automatic promotion.

Seven weeks left and only nine games. Every team suffers injuries at this stage of the season. I don't think our run in is too bad. I don't think two points a game is out of the question and I do think 80 points will be enough. Over the last six seasons we have finished strongly. I also think we have a very talented team and in Rowberry a very good coach.
One fly in the ointment? Our near promtion season of 72/73. Late winter Friday night. 'Easy' home game v Hartlepool. As it turned out a draw that night would in the fullness of time seen us promoted.
As I'm sure most of the 60+ brigade can tell you, we lost 2-0.
That said the last time we left Division 4 our final game was at home to?
As I'm sure most of the 50+ brigade can tell you it was Rochdale.

If we exclude FGR there are 9 other teams scrapping for automatic promotion/play off positions. Of course some of those teams are better placed than others for an automatic spot. It’s a dog fight at the moment. I can’t remember League two being like this at this stage of the season. Entertaining for some, but stuff that, points are the priority at the moment. Winning is all.

This includes every team down to Mansfield in my opinion. Watch Port Vale. If they win their two games in hand they will be on 62 points with us.

My gut feeling still says that unfortunately it will be the play offs for us. Sincerely hope I am wrong.

flat4 wrote: March 15th, 2022, 4:08 pm Any one want to predict how many points we will achieve from our remaining 10 fixtures, we have 5H and 5A games, I am going for,

W5 D3 L2 = 18 Pts Total for the season = 77 Pts
I know I'm a game late, but agree a season's total of 77 appears realistic, and will agree with your prediction. This would probably put us in the play offs,
I;ve consistently opined since JR took over that we concede too many goals to finish in the top 7, but now, even this born again pessimist is starting to believe that we might.

Re: 10 League Games to Go (5 down 5 to go)

If we are still in it by then, an absolutely nailed on vital game is Port Vale away at the end of the month. They are on a roll and have 13/15 points. Can’t pick your opponents obviously but with one game to go then I would prefer to be playing someone else.

I think it is also vital we win all our three remaining home games. No complacency, but it is doable, Crawley, Colchester and Rochdale. 9 points please.

Re: 10 League Games to Go (5 down 5 to go)

pembsexile wrote: April 10th, 2022, 7:40 am If we are still in it by then, an absolutely nailed on vital game is Port Vale away at the end of the month. They are on a roll and have 13/15 points. Can’t pick your opponents obviously but with one game to go then I would prefer to be playing someone else.

I think it is also vital we win all our three remaining home games. No complacency, but it is doable, Crawley, Colchester and Rochdale. 9 points please.
Of course agree about the 3 home games being vital, but even then 9 points might not be enough. Perhaps even more crucial will be the away fixture at Sutton. A third clean sheet away from home would not only put us in a stronger position but put a hugh dent in their chances.