Freeze season ticket prices, etc

[As I've said before HOPE people at the club look at this board].

OK so given these constrained times think ALL levels/age range/areas of ground season tickets should be kept at same prices as this season - the club could/should start putting these out now and have a system to encourage people to buy now whatever division we are in – as a fan owned club, we shouldn’t be milking loyal fans.

I’m not going to plead poverty but given energy prices, etc a season ticket is perhaps something I can justify less and less if club take the P then I won’t be buying one and will be very choosy about games I buy a ticket for (level of opposition, weather on the day, etc).

As an ex employer of mine would say ‘think on’…the club need to tread carefully here.

Re: Freeze season ticket prices, etc

I don't see how, in the current economic climate, a price rise can be avoided. At what point do you judge a rise to be taking the pi**? Understandably after a season behind closed doors, there was (I believe) no rise this season. An increase of, say £1 on the pay on the day ticket and therefore £20 on sesaon tickets would not seem extortionate.

excessbee wrote: April 5th, 2022, 11:47 am I don't see how, in the current economic climate, a price rise can be avoided. At what point do you judge a rise to be taking the pi**? Understandably after a season behind closed doors, there was (I believe) no rise this season. An increase of, say £1 on the pay on the day ticket and therefore £20 on sesaon tickets would not seem extortionate.
I guess its about not alienating fans - while for the club a small [relative to overall costs – the biggest of which is player wages] increase in the cost of washing kit, hot showers after training, fuel to away games, etc could be managed out – for individual fans those increases may mean they simply cannot afford or in my case might struggle to justify spending on a season ticket or may drop down to a cheaper area of the ground - even with the somewhat convoluted credit options it just may not be a possibility for people – to my mind the difference between the club having [say] £150,000 banked over the summer from season ticket sales and having [say] £170,000 banked is not huge – it would in my view be a mistake, whatever division we end up playing in, to increase season ticket prices for next season

I'd be surprised if prices don't go up regardless of which division we are playing in next season. The funding agreement with the Premier League is through to 2025 and having provided an additional £50M in grants to L1 and L2 clubs to help them weather the pandemic, I can't see extra revenue coming from there. The EFL TV deal runs through to 2024. The current level of inflation was not anticipated when either of those agreements were made. Clubs will have some delicate sums to calculate.

As my positive (or naïve) post suggests I'm still clinging to the hope we make and subsequently win the play offs BUT if we don't I urge the 'board' to NOT put prices up - it would be an own goal – I think we need to look to other commercial opportunities (NOT betting or dodgy cryptocurrencies) to raise funds not simply milk the loyal fans indeed if we DO make league 1 I’d also say I think the board shouldn’t immediately think ‘let’s put prices up’ – there are creative ways to approach things

CathedralCounty wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:47 am As my positive (or naïve) post suggests I'm still clinging to the hope we make and subsequently win the play offs BUT if we don't I urge the 'board' to NOT put prices up - it would be an own goal – I think we need to look to other commercial opportunities (NOT betting or dodgy cryptocurrencies) to raise funds not simply milk the loyal fans indeed if we DO make league 1 I’d also say I think the board shouldn’t immediately think ‘let’s put prices up’ – there are creative ways to approach things
Everyone's bills are going up including the Club's don't forget that

UPTHEPORT wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:53 am
CathedralCounty wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:47 am As my positive (or naïve) post suggests I'm still clinging to the hope we make and subsequently win the play offs BUT if we don't I urge the 'board' to NOT put prices up - it would be an own goal – I think we need to look to other commercial opportunities (NOT betting or dodgy cryptocurrencies) to raise funds not simply milk the loyal fans indeed if we DO make league 1 I’d also say I think the board shouldn’t immediately think ‘let’s put prices up’ – there are creative ways to approach things
Everyone's bills are going up including the Club's don't forget that
I get that but think club need to be creative and not just hit fans in the pocket - losing even a few tens of fans (who won't come back) over the next season due to increasing prices will be more damaging medium to longer term than the club absorbing increasing bills

It is to be expected that season tickets will rise, unfortunately.
Everything else is rising so the club will incur increases in travel, accommodation ground expenses etc.
In fairness to the club they have been getting more sponsorship in, read the article on NCAFC website regarding commercial update. https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... al-update/

Quote "At the start of this season, we implemented a new value-driven approach for our commercial partners. All seventeen partnerships from the 2020/21 season have been renewed for this season. We presently have forty-three partners and we have surpassed our commercial revenue target for this season.

Twenty-two partners from the 2021/22 season have already extended their partnerships for next season. We are meeting all of our existing commercial partners and new businesses to discuss opportunities for next season."
Maybe more can be done but reading the article it seems positive.