GRAND NATIONAL

Good Morning

I am aware that horse racing in general and the Grand National in particular has its opposers, but leaving that argument aside for this thread are you having a bet today?
Put it out there in advance of the race, what are your picks? Or have you been allocated a horse in a work sweepstake?

I’ll go first and share my selections…

My main choice is Delta Work and second is Fortescue.
We organise a family sweepstake at £2 a horse, which we sell twice over. So two people have each horse, although we also have four dogs and a tortoise entered too. ( I have Kildisart and Fiddlerontheroof)
I sorted the work sweepstake too, asking the boss to put up the prize money so 50 employees each get a “free go” (I have Kildisart in this too!)
Cheekily I also entered in the Just for fun sweepstake on the Cobblers forum, (Discorama)…that will be a popular win!

Phil in Northampton

Re: GRAND NATIONAL

Morning Phil. I am a big Rachael Blackmore fan and have won a few bets with their in the past year. However, (I know her horse, Minella Times is favourite) but I think it is carrying too much weight from last year to win today. I think the handicapper has knobbled her chances. I may be wrong and I hope that I am, but I just think an extra 21 lbs is too much to carry.

I am going for Any second now. Hopefully I will be back in time to watch it.

I think a punters choice may be Snow Leopardess who is one of the favourites. I heard that if she wins she will be the first mare to win. When people hear that I think they may bet and her odds will shorten.

Re: GRAND NATIONAL

phil_in_npton wrote: April 9th, 2022, 8:20 am Good Morning

I am aware that horse racing in general and the Grand National in particular has its opposers, but leaving that argument aside for this thread are you having a bet today?
Put it out there in advance of the race, what are your picks? Or have you been allocated a horse in a work sweepstake?

I’ll go first and share my selections…

My main choice is Delta Work and second is Fortescue.
We organise a family sweepstake at £2 a horse, which we sell twice over. So two people have each horse, although we also have four dogs and a tortoise entered too. ( I have Kildisart and Fiddlerontheroof)
I sorted the work sweepstake too, asking the boss to put up the prize money so 50 employees each get a “free go” (I have Kildisart in this too!)
Cheekily I also entered in the Just for fun sweepstake on the Cobblers forum, (Discorama)…that will be a popular win!

Phil in Northampton
Great minds Phil I also went for delta work! However being a rank hypocrite as I love horses but don’t bet I won’t be betting today I bet myself if I win I might treat myself to something😀 on racing baws to those who oppose it horses are born to run it’s what they do