Re: It's Friday ... But Sunday's a Coming!

CathedralCounty wrote: April 16th, 2022, 3:59 pm Interesting a lot of churchgoers on here including myself turns out Christians are NOT narrow minded bigots and ARE capable of rational debate…I’m staying off the eggs myself as will be having a very calorific Easter Sunday lunch out likely followed up with a chocolate desert!
Christians are not narrow minded bigots. Some people, and I stress some, who go to church are.
May your God, whom so ever you preceive Her/Him to be, grant you all a peaceful and safe Easter.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 16th, 2022, 5:50 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: April 16th, 2022, 3:59 pm Interesting a lot of churchgoers on here including myself turns out Christians are NOT narrow minded bigots and ARE capable of rational debate…I’m staying off the eggs myself as will be having a very calorific Easter Sunday lunch out likely followed up with a chocolate desert!
Christians are not narrow minded bigots. Some people, and I stress some, who go to church are.
May your God, whom so ever you preceive Her/Him to be, grant you all a peaceful and safe Easter.
Absolutely right Stan, I’ve been attending a course at church in recent weeks - an attempt by the CofE to drag itself into the 21st century and understand what the congregation’s view would be on homosexuality, transgender people, remarrying in church etc.

This course has made some of the people I go to church with very uncomfortable and it’s clear a few of these nice elderly people are downright bigots, no mistake. But hats off (or Easter bonnets) to the church for engaging in these conversations.

rncfc wrote: April 18th, 2022, 2:44 pm I must confess to not being a believer, or in any way religious. However, I know a few people around me who are and, I must say, I am slightly jealous of the general happiness they seem to have, patience they have with their kids, and their generous nature. Maybe there's something in it...
Instead of counting to ten I just say two hail Marys 😀

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: April 16th, 2022, 7:54 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 16th, 2022, 5:50 pm
Absolutely right Stan, I’ve been attending a course at church in recent weeks - an attempt by the CofE to drag itself into the 21st century and understand what the congregation’s view would be on homosexuality, transgender people, remarrying in church etc.

This course has made some of the people I go to church with very uncomfortable and it’s clear a few of these nice elderly people are downright bigots, no mistake. But hats off (or Easter bonnets) to the church for engaging in these conversations.
Is that the Alpha course? its a great course

[/quote]

Is that the Alpha course? its a great course
[/quote]

Hi, I completed the Alpha course a while back and also got to go running with the course creator, Nicky Gumbell. The most recent course I’ve been on is called ‘Living in love and faith’, equally good for someone broad minded and fairly diverse like me, but a real challenge for some of the older congregation. Cheers.