Re: Target Port Vale.

I suspect County may need to win all their last 4 matches to make the play-offs. You can't discount it happening, but....

... I can't see it after yesterdays performance. At half time I was wishing for a different 11 to start the second half, so poor had all been in the first half. It was a tired performance which realistically should be followed by numerous changes in the next game. You look at whom is currently fit and available for selection - are they going to improve the team?

I wouldn't be surprised if County lost all their remaining matches. Sorry to be so negative, but I just think injuries have had a big effect this season...

I have said before,I cannot understand why Livermore isn’t in the squad.He has some awesome performances then disappeared.He obviously isn’t part of the collective,what has he done wrong to be out of favour.Yesterday was crying out for him to win some tackles and spray some passes around.Other academy boys were there yesterday,Karadogan,Bright but no Ny as far as I could see.Kev has been an unused sub for six or more games,he is the player to spark something when we are struggling so why not put him on.The way it has gone the PV game won’t matter.

I agree why players like Kev didn’t get on the park yesterday, especially as we only used 2 subs.
He is the type of player who is street wise enough to unsettle the opposition which quite frankly none of our other players seem capable of doing.
Remember how he got into FGR in the playoffs last season.
Could of brought Dolan on as a defensive midfielder allowing Fin to play further forward rather than him having to drop back into our half to get the ball.
Unfortunately I think the season has slipped away from us.

wattsville_boy wrote: April 16th, 2022, 11:53 am I suspect County may need to win all their last 4 matches to make the play-offs. You can't discount it happening, but....

... I can't see it after yesterdays performance. At half time I was wishing for a different 11 to start the second half, so poor had all been in the first half. It was a tired performance which realistically should be followed by numerous changes in the next game. You look at whom is currently fit and available for selection - are they going to improve the team?

I wouldn't be surprised if County lost all their remaining matches. Sorry to be so negative, but I just think injuries have had a big effect this season...
This is also my view almost word for word. I have to say I’m beginning to lose respect for Rowberry because of not only his lack of action on the substitutions ( when it was obvious very quickly that we were on for a reverse yesterday quite early on ) but also his selections in the first place. Most of the team self-picks but if Pask is fit, ffs play him and for goodness sake if you can’t see that Townsend is a better GK especially with the game we play ( when we play it ) then I’ve lost all hope. And of course, change it if it isn’t working and use subs early if you have to.

lowandhard wrote: April 16th, 2022, 6:32 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: April 16th, 2022, 11:53 am I suspect County may need to win all their last 4 matches to make the play-offs. You can't discount it happening, but....

This is also my view almost word for word. I have to say I’m beginning to lose respect for Rowberry because of not only his lack of action on the substitutions ( when it was obvious very quickly that we were on for a reverse yesterday quite early on ) but also his selections in the first place. Most of the team self-picks but if Pask is fit, ffs play him and for goodness sake if you can’t see that Townsend is a better GK especially with the game we play ( when we play it ) then I’ve lost all hope. And of course, change it if it isn’t working and use subs early if you have to.
The problem is that Rowberry’s thinking is dominated by stats and computer readout’s rather than common sense or strategic thinking. Possibly confirmed by reports that Cooper was saying he was fit and wanted to play.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: April 17th, 2022, 12:01 pm

The problem is that Rowberry’s thinking is dominated by stats and computer readout’s rather than common sense or strategic thinking. Possibly confirmed by reports that Cooper was saying he was fit and wanted to play.
That was when he went off ht few games back he said he was fit

owlsabout wrote: April 17th, 2022, 9:38 pm Livermore not injured so why not in sqaud! Or is it something we are not being told? Transparency lol we built him up as nx Paul scholes and now don't make the first team sqaud.
Definitely not injured,I have seen him play for the academy a few times recently,he has been excellent every time .Chris asked JR at one of the interviews about Ny and he just said,he is in the youth team.JR said something about he has had illness,injury and other issues.Ny does come across as being a bit cocky and not a yesman,maybe this has caused an issue.We had Cooper,Cain and Willmott all injured yet he still didn’t get a call up when he would have been an obvious choice.Friday was calling out for his type to come on and change it.I just hope there isn’t a problem and we get him on a contract when his scholarship ends this summer.He is far too good to lose.

Percy plunkett wrote: April 17th, 2022, 11:32 pm
owlsabout wrote: April 17th, 2022, 9:38 pm Livermore not injured so why not in sqaud! Or is it something we are not being told? Transparency lol we built him up as nx Paul scholes and now don't make the first team sqaud.
Definitely not injured,I have seen him play for the academy a few times recently,he has been excellent every time .Chris asked JR at one of the interviews about Ny and he just said,he is in the youth team.JR said something about he has had illness,injury and other issues.Ny does come across as being a bit cocky and not a yesman,maybe this has caused an issue.We had Cooper,Cain and Willmott all injured yet he still didn’t get a call up when he would have been an obvious choice.Friday was calling out for his type to come on and change it.I just hope there isn’t a problem and we get him on a contract when his scholarship ends this summer.He is far too good to lose.
It’d be just like us to lose a gem like him. Any Manager worth his salt would want him to show his cockiness on the pitch not punish him for it. It’s called management. Some people respond to discipline others to encouragement, management means getting the best out of everybody and not stifling spirit, that’s plain stupid. That news is extremely worrying, we can’t afford to lose any more youngsters like that. We’ve already let Jeffries slip through our fingers to Leicester, this is madness.

Yep me too. In total agreement with both of you. I don't see us winning again this season. I also don't think JR believes in impact subs unlike our lord and saviour MF. Which is strange because it's clearly 'a thing'.