Re: Last time we played Sutton at Gander Green Lane.....

excessbee wrote: April 17th, 2022, 3:03 pm Yes. It was actually a great save by the goalie. I'm pretty sure it was after that Bowen adopted his trademark stuttering run up. Against Fisher, it was a 'proper' shot with the keeper going full stretch to save it.
My recollection, although it's a long time ago, is that there was a stutter and it simply didn't work. But it was a long time ago.

If my memory is correct, big if, it was the opening game of the season and Jason's first penalty for us.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 17th, 2022, 4:31 pm
excessbee wrote: April 17th, 2022, 3:03 pm Yes. It was actually a great save by the goalie. I'm pretty sure it was after that Bowen adopted his trademark stuttering run up. Against Fisher, it was a 'proper' shot with the keeper going full stretch to save it.
My recollection, although it's a long time ago, is that there was a stutter and it simply didn't work. But it was a long time ago.

If my memory is correct, big if, it was the opening game of the season and Jason's first penalty for us.
Was it played in a gale? I remember getting lost driving to Dulwich and giving up on the game. then I heard I'd missed a 3-3 thriller. 2006?

I got there in good time the following season and was checking the team sheet against the players, looked up from the touchline and there was Jason smiling broadly at me. I was pushing 60 but felt I was 16 again!

I could never understand our kick off routine, which was to belt the ball towards Richard Evans going for the left corner with everyone following him, while Jason stood alone unmarked in the centre on the edge of the penalty area. Perhaps they thought he was only good for penalties like Matty Dolan but I would have paid the entrance fee just to watch him

I know it's sacrilege to be nostalgic for the non league days but there were some good times.

glyn wrote: April 17th, 2022, 6:45 pm
I’m not sure whether I want to watch manager interviews any more ( similarly managers must get totally fed up of doing them ) . Our great leader and teacher is now getting as predictable as Flynny was. After all, we’ve all seen the game and frequently it ends up a statement of the bleeding obvious. Doesn’t seem we can do much about the midfield if we’ve got nobody back from injury 🙄