Re: Grandstand: Newport County v Colchester (Home)

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 6:12 pm
yourfinalanswer wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 3:35 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 12:18 pm
supporter wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 9:53 am I still believe in the longterm goal of what we're trying to achieve and we will see the benefits longterm and that's based on my own work experience of implementing change for the better but hitting a few bumps along the way and dealing with a lot of doubt which eventually subsided and settled down when the performance and productivity benefits started coming in.

I understand that football is a unique industry but we haven't become a bad side all of a sudden and JR and his coaching team haven't become bad managers and coaches.

Results haven't gone for us but we could and should've taken something from all the games we've lost possibly with the exception of Hartlepool.

I make a lot of small margins but sometimes you need that little bit of luck ie at Sutton their centre half slices one over their keeper it hits the post and bounces out, yesterday a shot that Day saves comfortably gets deflected by Akinde and they equalise, their second goal was poor from our point of view as, we gave the ball away on the halfway line.

As for not wanting promotion what a load of nonsense.

I'm down and disappointed today but think we'll learn from this recent run and will push on next season.
The not wanting promotion just comes from a nut job wum on here mate who no one takes seriously he also thinks having a go at the vegans is racist that's what we are dealing with

The Nut, WUM on this forum is you. You are unable to string sentences together, never mind anything else. You have problems with gambling. Every time you are unwell, you have to mention it. Hoping people will feel sorry for you. That tells me that you are not getting it at home. There are quite a few unwell people. Do they mention it? You ask people to put comments on here. After all, you can not get to the games because you are working. There are quite a few people who can not get to the game and are working. They do not ask to be updated. Why? Someone is always going to comment on the game. It isn't for your benefit.
Such a childlike, spiteful post.

I respect your opinion. You haven't changed how I feel. Maybe uptheport shouldn't dish it out. I'm also entitled to my opinion.

supporter wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 9:53 am I still believe in the longterm goal of what we're trying to achieve and we will see the benefits longterm and that's based on my own work experience of implementing change for the better but hitting a few bumps along the way and dealing with a lot of doubt which eventually subsided and settled down when the performance and productivity benefits started coming in.

I understand that football is a unique industry but we haven't become a bad side all of a sudden and JR and his coaching team haven't become bad managers and coaches.

Results haven't gone for us but we could and should've taken something from all the games we've lost possibly with the exception of Hartlepool.

I make a lot of small margins but sometimes you need that little bit of luck ie at Sutton their centre half slices one over their keeper it hits the post and bounces out, yesterday a shot that Day saves comfortably gets deflected by Akinde and they equalise, their second goal was poor from our point of view as, we gave the ball away on the halfway line.

I'm down and disappointed today but think we'll learn from this recent run and will push on next season.
The not wanting promotion just comes from a nut job wum on here mate who no one takes seriously he also thinks having a go at the vegans is racist that's what we are dealing with

The Nut, WUM on this forum is you. You are unable to string sentences together, never mind anything else. You have problems with gambling. Every time you are unwell, you have to mention it. Hoping people will feel sorry for you. That tells me that you are not getting it at home. There are quite a few unwell people. Do they mention it? You ask people to put comments on here. After all, you can not get to the games because you are working. There are quite a few people who can not get to the game and are working. They do not ask to be updated. Why? Someone is always going to comment on the game. It isn't for your benefit.
You couldn’t be further wrong. I’ve known the man for years and he’s always willing to do a good turn both individually and also by organising charitable donations to worthy causes. He can’t always get to games because he works shifts in the NHS. When in a hospital environment you can’t really get a transmission of the match either which is why he asks for information. I have nothing personal against you but really! Your comments are not only awful but very wide of the mark.

lowandhard wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 8:25 pm

You couldn’t be further wrong. I’ve known the man for years and he’s always willing to do a good turn both individually and also by organising charitable donations to worthy causes. He can’t always get to games because he works shifts in the NHS. When in a hospital environment you can’t really get a transmission of the match either which is why he asks for information. I have nothing personal against you but really! Your comments are not only awful but very wide of the mark.

I don’t think UTP cares what copyandpasteman says as he, like most of us on here knows, that he’s a complete cockwomble

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 5:54 pm
County ranger wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 5:34 pm
owlsabout wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 10:06 am Count ranger under flynny we had our best years made millions from cup runs which saved our club .play off finals at Wembley! This is by far the best sqaud we have had 2 best best midfielders fin cooper top scorer in league 2 .when flynny left win game in hand bang in there stop talking bollocks ffs .we have played a system for last 3 years which the players know and actually play it well . It wasn't broken so no need to fix it why did JR change it! last month if we beat hartlepool could have second since then we have been awful we actually could have limped into the play offs but we have no plan a nevermind a plan b .lost to teams tbf are average,The buck stops with the management . Now this summer is massive will he get players to replace Telford! Azaz! copper !
How much did we make from cup runs exactly?
Cooper injured in run in and we missed him - Telford needs CBR to create space as it became apparent his scoring chances decreased during CBR absence. Waite had to step up but was signed for next season to allow him to be built up to professional standard has skill but needs a bit of bulk - remember the change in Washington after his first pro pre season.
You can blame management all you like but you cannot ignore the run of injuries and lack of alternatives in the squad a legacy of poor Flynn signings. Previous end of season runs to the play offs we had a bit of luck with injuries other teams had the bad luck / loss of form - shame it changed this year.
Of course this board is all about expressing opinions, some of which I agree with and some
I don't. Mostly that triggers healthy debates.
However your inability to move on from Flynn and your apparent need to frequently negatively obsess about him I find most unhealthy. I believe I once described it as sinister. Maybe that was a little extreme, yet somewhat disturbing nevertheless.
You love Flynn don’t you - well where do you think he would have taken us - Flynn was taking the club to oblivion I assume your love in means you enjoy the same lifestyle.

I respect your opinion. All I ask in return is that you respect mine. I have nothing against uptheport. Someone abuses me. The way that he does. I give the same and more.

County ranger nothing to do with flynny you posted that bollocks on here basically having a go at him . I think we made around 3 and half million under him with cup success and play offs , in an open meeting a directer said we run at a loss of 350k a season this modle is not substantial!, we voted on a hybrid model! then we got lucky with the cup draw rest is history. post was about how the wheels have come last few games. This sqaud is the best we've had !Will we get the likes of azaz Cooper Caine again, who will get the goals to replace Telford ! Jw changed the formation when it wasn't broken. We are playing a system which don't suit the players the football as been awful to watch lately fans leaving the stadium half time !it's a big summer ahead for James hopefully he will get it right .

Appreciate that thanks Mike

owlsabout wrote: April 24th, 2022, 9:54 am County ranger nothing to do with flynny you posted that bollocks on here basically having a go at him . I think we made around 3 and half million under him with cup success and play offs , in an open meeting a directer said we run at a loss of 350k a season this modle is not substantial!, we voted on a hybrid model! then we got lucky with the cup draw rest is history. post was about how the wheels have come last few games. This sqaud is the best we've had !Will we get the likes of azaz Cooper Caine again, who will get the goals to replace Telford ! Jw changed the formation when it wasn't broken. We are playing a system which don't suit the players the football as been awful to watch lately fans leaving the stadium half time !it's a big summer ahead for James hopefully he will get it right .
Think your figures like your love of Flynn are a bit inflated, three of those players mentioned had little game time until Rowberry arrived so maybe it is as well he changed things around a bit - we were heading for a relegation fight.

Telford was never fit and when he played was awful he's had a remarkable run goal scoring ! Flynny signed Caine and azaz and when they were fit they played .and heading for relagation pmsl I honestly don't know what you've been watching .this sqaud should have gone up automatically and looks like not even making the play offs !and reading JR last article saying we are on track is a worry.

owlsabout wrote: April 25th, 2022, 7:44 am Telford was never fit and when he played was awful he's had a remarkable run goal scoring ! Flynny signed Caine and azaz and when they were fit they played .and heading for relagation pmsl I honestly don't know what you've been watching .this sqaud should have gone up automatically and looks like not even making the play offs !and reading JR last article saying we are on track is a worry.
Well quite! At the risk of repeating myself in addition he has played the wrong goalkeeper for the game we want to play and failed to bring forward any of our own youngsters when the midfield and indeed the team needed an injection of enthusiasm. Now he is talking about he is learning all the time about the players and their characters. Jeez! Save it! I’m so glad that we’re paying for your education but that’s not really what we need.

We don't either need or want personal vendettas on here.

County ranger wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 5:34 pm
owlsabout wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 10:06 am Count ranger under flynny we had our best years made millions from cup runs which saved our club .play off finals at Wembley! This is by far the best sqaud we have had 2 best best midfielders fin cooper top scorer in league 2 .when flynny left win game in hand bang in there stop talking bollocks ffs .we have played a system for last 3 years which the players know and actually play it well . It wasn't broken so no need to fix it why did JR change it! last month if we beat hartlepool could have second since then we have been awful we actually could have limped into the play offs but we have no plan a nevermind a plan b .lost to teams tbf are average,The buck stops with the management . Now this summer is massive will he get players to replace Telford! Azaz! copper !
How much did we make from cup runs exactly?
Cooper injured in run in and we missed him - Telford needs CBR to create space as it became apparent his scoring chances decreased during CBR absence. Waite had to step up but was signed for next season to allow him to be built up to professional standard has skill but needs a bit of bulk - remember the change in Washington after his first pro pre season.
You can blame management all you like but you cannot ignore the run of injuries and lack of alternatives in the squad a legacy of poor Flynn signings. Previous end of season runs to the play offs we had a bit of luck with injuries other teams had the bad luck / loss of form - shame it changed this year.
We are all at various levels of disappointment but of all the posts, this one is the most balanced & closest to my own thoughts. JR on appointment started picking the right players & playing an entertaining winning system. All good till very recently ie the last 7 games. Our record till then was 62 points from 37 games, 1.68 PTS/game. Under Flynn 11 points from 9 games, 1.22 PTS/game under Rowberry 51 points from 28 games, 1.82 PTS/game. I believe injuries to key players at the wrong time have done for us i.e. Cooper & CBR. Absolutely nothing else. It made us change our system & didn't play to our strengths. Teams in L2 are always subject to inconsistency because their lack of replacing injured players like for like are not available to them. I'm excited about next season. Just think of the opportunity for a young well qualified manager with almost a blank sheet to build a team that can play his exciting modern brand of football. Bring it on!