Re: Grandstand: Newport County v Colchester (Home)

yourfinalanswer wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 10:34 pm
rodneyboy wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 10:19 pm
Anto wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 9:52 pm We need an experienced manager.
Totally agree. I really think we should have appointed Wayne Hatswell. I think Rowberry is a great guy and Newport through and through but too inexperienced for this league.

There's nothing wrong with James Rowberry, he's a great guy, and someday he will make a great manager. I also believe that next season, promotion for us with James Rowberry.
Have you been told we can afford it next year? If so where's the extra money coming from.?

Agree with last few posts. I’m sure Rowberry is a decent coach but he’s not a manager, this has been an alarming drop in form. Give a new manager the preseason to build, these latter performances have been beyond awful. Hope not many of this bunch will be here next year. I expect the best are not signed and the dross have 2 year contracts! I’m fearful for next season now because tonight there was no belief, no shape and absolutely no plan whatsoever

Listened to Rowberry's interview no apologies to the paying fans who have put up with all this analysis, we have to do this next time I am a Newport lad and we will fight to the end it is in our DNA fed up with all this talk say it as it is the team have let The City down. Do not mind when we have some honesty and I hold my hands up I have made tactical errors and still learning from match to match but he gives his same spin. Us fans cannot stand excuse after excuse. Grow a pair.

Bonson&Hunt wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 10:36 pm 4 home losses in a row? Tell me when that was beaten?

Let's talk about six: Liverpool fall to another home defeat

Toe Poke writer Chris Wright
8th March 2021

Reigning champions Liverpool slipped to eighth in the Premier League table on Sunday after stumbling to yet another embarrassing defeat at Anfield.

The Reds have now lost six games in a row at home with bottom-three Fulham the latest team to leave Merseyside three points -- the Cottagers' 1-0 win being their first at Anfield since 2012.

I have to add that even the dogs on the street could see how the game was going second half. As I was saying to my friend that they were going to score soon, even Charlie the commentator apparently voiced those fears. We threw another game away as a result of indecision. I’m not sure whether I trust this manager with the budget for next season. I think we need a more experienced manager at this level. Just my conclusion

At half time,my mate asked,what will happen second half and I said 2-1 to them.It is so obvious that we didn’t want it.We had a free kick near the Hazel touchline when 1-0,JR calls Dolan over whilst their player is getting treatment.He probably says, “ Make sure you don’t put it in the danger area and,certainly don’t put it on target “.It worked a treat,Dolan slams it high and wide straight out for a goal kick.Then,instead of clearing our lines on the edge of our box,we pass it to one of theirs and,they score.Four home defeats in a row,three against teams in mid table with nothing to play for.JR was talking of RP being a fortress a few weeks ago,it’s laughable if it wasn’t the club I love.

Is anyone here surprised?

I honestly considered giving up watching when they made it 1-2. I knew we weren't going to get back into the game, and I knew we weren't going to achieve anything. It takes a lot to drain my enthusiasm for County, but that just about managed to do it in spades.

They've let the city down (and I live half-an-hour away from it), they've let the fans down, and they've let themselves down. Unlike some, I'm not going to turn on Rowberry, because he got us into this position in the first place. The problem is pressure - whenever we are in a position of authority, we throw it away. Newport has always been like that; we never thrive with big crowds, never thrive when we're playing the underdog rather than being them, and always fail whenever we have some sort of initiative. It's a problem that runs in the DNA of County, which is that we're perennial bottlers. Two playoff finals, not a few cup games, and now this. Whenever it matters, we lose. Unless the opposition lose for us.

In terms of players, well where do you begin. Rob Street must have blackmail material on JR to get this many starts, despite proving to be as much use as a striker as a blind crab. Telford wasn't awful tonight, but didn't get any service. Azaz was our best player. Everyone else was either a bit crap, extremely crap, or impossibly crap. Why didn't Cooper start? Why did the subs come four hours too late as per usual? And don't even start on Joe Day. THE MAN CANNOT PLAY ON HIS FEET. PLEASE STOP ASKING HIM TO PLAY ON HIS FEET. SOMEONE IN THE CROWD WILL DIE FROM GETTING A BALL BOOTED DIRECTLY IN THEIR FACE AFTER ONE OF HIS CLEARANCES. Let's not forget this was Colchester, a team with literally nothing to play for. And we still played like we couldn't be arsed to confront them, against all logic.

And there are people who will still clap their hands like seals and say what a wonderful job JR has done this season. I don't disagree with you, but IT DOESN'T BLOODY MATTER IF WE END UP ACHIEVING NOTHING. The style of play is better and the recruitment is good, fine. Show me all the Passes per Defensive Action and xG charts you want. Look at a few heat maps if you have to. But are we in the playoffs? No. Therefore it's a failed season, especially considering we could have been in the automatics by now if we didn't perform the footballing equivalent of suicide. From a good chance of coming 2nd to another season of 'what could have been'. I've got a whole lifetime of 'what could have been' in front of me. Some people don't have a lot of time of 'what could have been' left in them.

And we know what will happen next year. Summer clear-out, get rid of all the deadwood, bring in some people from Kairdiff (because JR spends more time talking about them than he does us), and people predict us to at least finish in the playoffs. And then we lose to Solihull Moors or whoever on the opening day of the season and end up fighting for our FL status. Or finishing squarely mid-table. Either way, none of us have any hope of promotion next year, or any year for that matter. How can you when they do things like this to you?

I literally just sat in the dark on my own for an hour trying to comprehend what in the name of Christ happened, and I'm still angry. Angry at the players, the attitude, the system, the tactics, the mentality, and the lack of fight we've shown. They need to have a good, long look at themselves, and realise what cowardly, spineless, heartless, USELESS disappointments they have been in this part of the season.

Anyway, let's all look forward to Stockport away next year. Hopefully Morecambe get relegated so we can at least laugh at something. We haven't got anything else.

lowandhard wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 11:01 pm I have to add that even the dogs on the street could see how the game was going second half. As I was saying to my friend that they were going to score soon, even Charlie the commentator apparently voiced those fears. We threw another game away as a result of indecision. I’m not sure whether I trust this manager with the budget for next season. I think we need a more experienced manager at this level. Just my conclusion

I trust him 100 percent. He is a good manager, and one day, he will become a great manager. We must believe in him. It is the board of directors you must hold to account. They need to be looking for more investment in the club. You can not just rely on the fans investing in the club. We do not have a big enough fan base to do that.

When a team like Liverpool loses six games at home in a row, it could happen to any team.

More failed attempts at goal than any Premier League side. Since records began, their worst home record in 67 YEARS, and fewer points than EVERY team in England in 2021... Liverpool's shameful stats at Anfield after a sixth straight defeat

PUBLISHED: 22:00, 8 March 2021 By JOE STRANGE FOR MAILONLINE
When Liverpool won the Premier League title last season, Jurgen Klopp and his players seemed to break a different record every week.

But while 2019-20 was full of unbeaten runs and goals, goals, goals, this campaign has increasingly become a list of unwanted statistics for the faltering champions.

Sunday's 1-0 home defeat by Fulham was their sixth straight loss at Anfield, leaving them facing a huge battle to get into the top four, let alone retain the title.

Beechwood Boy wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 11:52 pm Kingofgwent take a bow. What a brilliant post.
Sadly have to agree with much of what he said. perennial bottlers unfortunately is the most salient remark IMO. It what separates successful teams from the also rans. Whilst not saying tactics, team selections and substitutions don't have they place. they are secondary if the mental attitude isn't right. I don't pretend there is an obvious or quick solution to that, but a lot of work will need to go into the psychology of the team for next season.
Sensed a lot of frustration and even anger at the team amongst the supporters tonight.