Re: Grandstand: Newport County v Colchester (Home)

bedeck wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 11:31 am Well that's the season over. Time to let a few academy players have two games to see if we keep them for next season. Thanley, Sonny Lewis, Livermore, Bright and Madigan should feature.
Very much doubt academy players will feature against Port Vale, as it's unlikely all automatic and playoff places will be finally decided before that game.
The Rochdale game however may offer the opportunity to do so.
Not sure who Madigan is. Karadogan?

supporter wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 9:53 am I still believe in the longterm goal of what we're trying to achieve and we will see the benefits longterm and that's based on my own work experience of implementing change for the better but hitting a few bumps along the way and dealing with a lot of doubt which eventually subsided and settled down when the performance and productivity benefits started coming in.

I understand that football is a unique industry but we haven't become a bad side all of a sudden and JR and his coaching team haven't become bad managers and coaches.

Results haven't gone for us but we could and should've taken something from all the games we've lost possibly with the exception of Hartlepool.

I make a lot of small margins but sometimes you need that little bit of luck ie at Sutton their centre half slices one over their keeper it hits the post and bounces out, yesterday a shot that Day saves comfortably gets deflected by Akinde and they equalise, their second goal was poor from our point of view as, we gave the ball away on the halfway line.

As for not wanting promotion what a load of nonsense.

I'm down and disappointed today but think we'll learn from this recent run and will push on next season.
The not wanting promotion just comes from a nut job wum on here mate who no one takes seriously he also thinks having a go at the vegans is racist that's what we are dealing with

bedeck wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 11:31 am Well that's the season over. Time to let a few academy players have two games to see if we keep them for next season. Thanley, Sonny Lewis, Livermore, Bright and Madigan should feature.
One little caveat.

Between now and next Monday the rest of League 2 will be playing at least two games. It is probable that when we play Port Vale next Monday that the season will be over and I agree thst playing academy players in games which mean nothing to us is not a bad idea. Certainly a few on the bench at Port Vale and a couple starting against Rochdale would seem reasonable.

But it is not impossible that if results do fall our way, we might next Monday be in a position where six points might still make the playoffs. I am not crazy, I undoubtedly think that our chances of reaching 7th is now remote. That said as a football fan in general and a County fan in particular with well over half a century of self inflicted misery exacerbated by ridiculous optimism I'll stick it out for another fortnight.

Up the County, etc, etc. 😍

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 12:18 pm
One little caveat.

Between now and next Monday the rest of League 2 will be playing at least two games. It is probable that when we play Port Vale next Monday that the season will be over and I agree thst playing academy players in games which mean nothing to us is not a bad idea. Certainly a few on the bench at Port Vale and a couple starting against Rochdale would seem reasonable.

But it is not impossible that if results do fall our way, we might next Monday be in a position where six points might still make the playoffs. I am not crazy, I undoubtedly think that our chances of reaching 7th is now remote. That said as a football fan in general and a County fan in particular with well over half a century of self inflicted misery exacerbated by ridiculous optimism I'll stick it out for another fortnight.

Up the County, etc, etc. 😍
Agree Bren we need snookers but until it's mathematically impossible I'm not giving up

UPTHEPORT wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 11:17 am It's no coincidence since he's dropped Townsend we haven't looked right in defence the defence don't seem to be comfortable with Day

Also since Cooper has been out our form has dipped dramatically
Exactly, if you intend to incorporate your goalkeeper in your general play à la Liverpool or Man City then you need a keeper who’s comfortable on the deck. I’m not saying Townsend is Banks with his hands and Maradona with the ball at his feet but he’s 100% more comfortable at it.
That fact is obvious to anyone who has ever seen and understood a game of football. That an EFL manager cannot see that and it’s implications for the team fills me with utter dread of what other shortcomings he may exhibit in the future. I’m really concerned for next season but not just on this point. I feel we’ve persisted with giving people like Street and CBR game time when to me they are extremely limited players to the detriment of the development of our own. Our midfield has been struggling for ages without Cooper so where’s Livermore. Short at the back with players struggling with injuries, where’s Woodiwiss? I don’t know the youngsters well but there must be others who may have contributed.
This run of results has to me opened a can of worms. The plaudits were out for Rowberry when we had a decent run so time for a reality check when things have gone disastrously. There was nothing in our performances to like recently, all indicators were alarming including the apparent complete lack of confidence. I’d also like to ask and it was referred to in the commentary, just what the hell was happening in the technical area last night? Sounded like panic stations.

lowandhard wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 12:40 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 11:17 am It's no coincidence since he's dropped Townsend we haven't looked right in defence the defence don't seem to be comfortable with Day

Also since Cooper has been out our form has dipped dramatically
Exactly, if you intend to incorporate your goalkeeper in your general play à la Liverpool or Man City then you need a keeper who’s comfortable on the deck. I’m not saying Townsend is Banks with his hands and Maradona with the ball at his feet but he’s 100% more comfortable at it.
That fact is obvious to anyone who has ever seen and understood a game of football. That an EFL manager cannot see that and it’s implications for the team fills me with utter dread of what other shortcomings he may exhibit in the future. I’m really concerned for next season but not just on this point. I feel we’ve persisted with giving people like Street and CBR game time when to me they are extremely limited players to the detriment of the development of our own. Our midfield has been struggling for ages without Cooper so where’s Livermore. Short at the back with players struggling with injuries, where’s Woodiwiss? I don’t know the youngsters well but there must be others who may have contributed.
This run of results has to me opened a can of worms. The plaudits were out for Rowberry when we had a decent run so time for a reality check when things have gone disastrously. There was nothing in our performances to like recently, all indicators were alarming including the apparent complete lack of confidence. I’d also like to ask and it was referred to in the commentary, just what the hell was happening in the technical area last night? Sounded like panic stations.
Mike I actually think Day is technically the better keeper but to me doesn't have the spark with the defence that Townsend did

UPTHEPORT wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 12:18 pm
supporter wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 9:53 am I still believe in the longterm goal of what we're trying to achieve and we will see the benefits longterm and that's based on my own work experience of implementing change for the better but hitting a few bumps along the way and dealing with a lot of doubt which eventually subsided and settled down when the performance and productivity benefits started coming in.

I understand that football is a unique industry but we haven't become a bad side all of a sudden and JR and his coaching team haven't become bad managers and coaches.

Results haven't gone for us but we could and should've taken something from all the games we've lost possibly with the exception of Hartlepool.

I make a lot of small margins but sometimes you need that little bit of luck ie at Sutton their centre half slices one over their keeper it hits the post and bounces out, yesterday a shot that Day saves comfortably gets deflected by Akinde and they equalise, their second goal was poor from our point of view as, we gave the ball away on the halfway line.

I'm down and disappointed today but think we'll learn from this recent run and will push on next season.
The not wanting promotion just comes from a nut job wum on here mate who no one takes seriously he also thinks having a go at the vegans is racist that's what we are dealing with

The Nut, WUM on this forum is you. You are unable to string sentences together, never mind anything else. You have problems with gambling. Every time you are unwell, you have to mention it. Hoping people will feel sorry for you. That tells me that you are not getting it at home. There are quite a few unwell people. Do they mention it? You ask people to put comments on here. After all, you can not get to the games because you are working. There are quite a few people who can not get to the game and are working. They do not ask to be updated. Why? Someone is always going to comment on the game. It isn't for your benefit.

owlsabout wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 10:06 am Count ranger under flynny we had our best years made millions from cup runs which saved our club .play off finals at Wembley! This is by far the best sqaud we have had 2 best best midfielders fin cooper top scorer in league 2 .when flynny left win game in hand bang in there stop talking bollocks ffs .we have played a system for last 3 years which the players know and actually play it well . It wasn't broken so no need to fix it why did JR change it! last month if we beat hartlepool could have second since then we have been awful we actually could have limped into the play offs but we have no plan a nevermind a plan b .lost to teams tbf are average,The buck stops with the management . Now this summer is massive will he get players to replace Telford! Azaz! copper !
How much did we make from cup runs exactly?
Cooper injured in run in and we missed him - Telford needs CBR to create space as it became apparent his scoring chances decreased during CBR absence. Waite had to step up but was signed for next season to allow him to be built up to professional standard has skill but needs a bit of bulk - remember the change in Washington after his first pro pre season.
You can blame management all you like but you cannot ignore the run of injuries and lack of alternatives in the squad a legacy of poor Flynn signings. Previous end of season runs to the play offs we had a bit of luck with injuries other teams had the bad luck / loss of form - shame it changed this year.

County ranger wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 5:34 pm
owlsabout wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 10:06 am Count ranger under flynny we had our best years made millions from cup runs which saved our club .play off finals at Wembley! This is by far the best sqaud we have had 2 best best midfielders fin cooper top scorer in league 2 .when flynny left win game in hand bang in there stop talking bollocks ffs .we have played a system for last 3 years which the players know and actually play it well . It wasn't broken so no need to fix it why did JR change it! last month if we beat hartlepool could have second since then we have been awful we actually could have limped into the play offs but we have no plan a nevermind a plan b .lost to teams tbf are average,The buck stops with the management . Now this summer is massive will he get players to replace Telford! Azaz! copper !
How much did we make from cup runs exactly?
Cooper injured in run in and we missed him - Telford needs CBR to create space as it became apparent his scoring chances decreased during CBR absence. Waite had to step up but was signed for next season to allow him to be built up to professional standard has skill but needs a bit of bulk - remember the change in Washington after his first pro pre season.
You can blame management all you like but you cannot ignore the run of injuries and lack of alternatives in the squad a legacy of poor Flynn signings. Previous end of season runs to the play offs we had a bit of luck with injuries other teams had the bad luck / loss of form - shame it changed this year.
Of course this board is all about expressing opinions, some of which I agree with and some
I don't. Mostly that triggers healthy debates.
However your inability to move on from Flynn and your apparent need to frequently negatively obsess about him I find most unhealthy. I believe I once described it as sinister. Maybe that was a little extreme, yet somewhat disturbing nevertheless.

yourfinalanswer wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 3:35 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 12:18 pm

The Nut, WUM on this forum is you. You are unable to string sentences together, never mind anything else. You have problems with gambling. Every time you are unwell, you have to mention it. Hoping people will feel sorry for you. That tells me that you are not getting it at home. There are quite a few unwell people. Do they mention it? You ask people to put comments on here. After all, you can not get to the games because you are working. There are quite a few people who can not get to the game and are working. They do not ask to be updated. Why? Someone is always going to comment on the game. It isn't for your benefit.
Such a childlike, spiteful post.