*Tribute to Logan Mwangi tonight's game*?!?

Are club doing anything like [say] minutes applause pre match or applause on 5 minutes (he was 5) - I guess I/we can do our own thing but good if the club announced a more formal tribute (I realise he died a while ago but the verdict has reignited this and imo its important to keep his name alive to help prevent this happening again)...just a thought. I don’t normally get gushy about things but the death of Logan M has really got to me - I felt physically sick last night watching the news...

[edit] I'm not a hang em and flog em vigilante type, but to do this to a child is simply appalling and apologies for putting people off their morning coffee/lunch by bringing this up again

Re: *Tribute to Logan Mwangi tonight's game*?!?

CathedralCounty wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 10:41 am Are club doing anything like [say] minutes applause pre match or applause on 5 minutes (he was 5) - I guess I/we can do our own thing but good if the club announced a more formal tribute (I realise he died a while ago but the verdict has reignited this and imo its important to keep his name alive to help prevent this happening again)...just a thought. I don’t normally get gushy about things but the death of Logan M has really got to me - I felt physically sick last night watching the news...

[edit] I'm not a hang em and flog em vigilante type, but to do this to a child is simply appalling and apologies for putting people off their morning coffee/lunch by bringing this up again
Child murder is very rare. However it will happen again and nothing Newport County can do will alter that. Every victim of murder deserves to be remembered and they will be remembered by those who love them. However if the club hold a silence for one victim they in part disrespect all the others who have died or will die in similar tragic circumstances. Further, and this is just a personal opinion, there is a touch of sanctimonious look at me, am I not such a compassionate person about all this.

I grieve for the people I have loved and lost. We all do. If I were to grieve for every tragedy I would be in a constant state of grief. That applies to everyone of us. I have previously suggested that a round of applause for all fans that have passed at the start of each season, whereby we can all think on those we wish to, would be a good idea. But for individual tragedies that have nothing to do with the club I don't think is a good idea.

Re: *Tribute to Logan Mwangi tonight's game*?!?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 11:25 am
CathedralCounty wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 10:41 am Are club doing anything like [say] minutes applause pre match or applause on 5 minutes (he was 5) - I guess I/we can do our own thing but good if the club announced a more formal tribute (I realise he died a while ago but the verdict has reignited this and imo its important to keep his name alive to help prevent this happening again)...just a thought. I don’t normally get gushy about things but the death of Logan M has really got to me - I felt physically sick last night watching the news...

Child murder is very rare. However it will happen again and nothing Newport County can do will alter that. Every victim of murder deserves to be remembered and they will be remembered by those who love them. However if the club hold a silence for one victim they in part disrespect all the others who have died or will die in similar tragic circumstances. Further, and this is just a personal opinion, there is a touch of sanctimonious look at me, am I not such a compassionate person about all this.

I grieve for the people I have loved and lost. We all do. If I were to grieve for every tragedy I would be in a constant state of grief. That applies to everyone of us. I have previously suggested that a round of applause for all fans that have passed at the start of each season, whereby we can all think on those we wish to, would be a good idea. But for individual tragedies that have nothing to do with the club I don't think is a good idea.
Get that Stan and normally I'm quite dismissive of gushing OTT 'gestures' but to me thee are some special cases just because they are special cases as mentioned by ANother doubtful there will be a tribute and perhaps its for me and others to pray/reconcile this in our own way.

Also agree its thankfully rare.