Re: Players contracted for 2022/23 season

We had automatic promotion in our hands 5 weeks ago and ended up missing out on the play offs which is unbelievable tbf .we will lose the best midfielders we had and Telford probably! This summer will be massive , it will now be JR team his stamp on how we play! The way we collapsed end of this season he will need a good start otherwise he will be under pressure. So can you see him putting his faith in the kids 🤔

owlsabout wrote: April 29th, 2022, 11:20 pm We had automatic promotion in our hands 5 weeks ago and ended up missing out on the play offs which is unbelievable tbf .we will lose the best midfielders we had and Telford probably! This summer will be massive , it will now be JR team his stamp on how we play! The way we collapsed end of this season he will need a good start otherwise he will be under pressure. So can you see him putting his faith in the kids 🤔
No

owlsabout wrote: April 29th, 2022, 11:20 pm We had automatic promotion in our hands 5 weeks ago and ended up missing out on the play offs which is unbelievable tbf .we will lose the best midfielders we had and Telford probably! This summer will be massive , it will now be JR team his stamp on how we play! The way we collapsed end of this season he will need a good start otherwise he will be under pressure. So can you see him putting his faith in the kids 🤔

What’s unbelievable about it? We hit (still in) some poor form & a few teams around us hit good form. It happens. That’s football.

Why does everyone think Telford will be gone in the summer?
Is it just because he has scored a lot of goals this season?
Bear in mind no one came knocking on the door for him in the January window. (Or so we was told).

Definitely agree our midfield trio of Azaz, Cain and Copper will all go back to their parent clubs and are unlikely to come back, along with Street and Abraham (What happened to him? A couple of cameo appearances on the bench since January and not even that for the last month or so).

Kairdiff Exile wrote: April 28th, 2022, 11:44 am
Fu Ming wrote: April 28th, 2022, 9:57 am What I find disappointing that we never or seldom hear how the lads whom we have loaned out are performing. ie so and so started, scored a goal, came on as a sub etc.
I have noticed on several club's web sites that they have a "Loan Watch" section where you can view a loanees progress.
It would be nice to know how our lads are getting along.
Well I'm off to watch Gloucester City on Saturday so am happy to report back on Louis Hall (if he starts). Former Exile, Daniel Leadbitter, in their squad as well, of course.
Just back. Hall looked good - on the games I’ve seen of him I’d say he could carve out a career as a Conference level full-back. Leadbitter was unremarkable, to be honest - he’s probably found his level. A decent game though, with a fine injury-time equaliser for the hosts. And at least one other County fan was in attendance too!

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 29th, 2022, 11:32 pm
No
JR as good as confirmed this in his prematch interview.

Exile 1976 wrote: April 30th, 2022, 8:41 am

What’s unbelievable about it? We hit (still in) some poor form & a few teams around us hit good form. It happens. That’s football.
For a team in an automatic promotion position to suddenly lose four successive home games is, if not unbelievable, certainly unexpected. Had we won those games, a statistically far more likely scenario, then one win from our final two games would have seen us promoted automatically.

Had we won those games then every one of us would be rightly lauding the team and James Rowberry. In the circumstance that now exists Owlsabout's assertions in my view have merit.

Just my view. I like Rowberry. But he is not above criticism and for me the time between now and October may very well not only determine Rowberry's future but also that of the club.

The team looked out on their feet in the latter games of this season. Injuries certainly had an effect, but I do wonder whether it was wise to send as many academy kids out on loan.

If you look at the players signed for next season the club is in an almost identical position that it has been for at least the last 2-3 seasons - the need for 2 central defenders, 2 full-backs, an entire midfield and 2-3 strikers. County are not building year on year, it seems they are tied into building a new squad every year.

Bumping this thread as there is a steady feed of news coming out now

6 May
- A bid for Cam Norman has come in from Scottish Prem side St Mirren but it has been turned down - 1 year left on his deal
- James Clarke has had a 1 year contract extension triggered
- Rowberry (softly) dismissed links to QPR
- Ellison in discussions for a coaching role

5 April
- More broadly, the Board minutes for April state that recruitment plans are in a significantly more advanced position than in previous seasons