Re: Why do people argue on here

Torquay Exile wrote: April 29th, 2022, 3:12 pm

I agree. And there are one or two people (or maybe more) that if you disagree with their opinion. They make a lot of noise, and the person or persons get a ban for a short time (or permanently).

Help me with this. According to you I am a hypocrite and a fine one to talk. Which as both Frog and myself agree is an opinion that you are entitled to hold.

However when asked the basis for your assertion, which would allow me to either accept or refute your assertion you remain silent. Maybe rows are caused by people who throw out gratuitous insults without having the wherewithal to actually give reasons for doing so.

Making controversial points without reasoning is a regrettable habit in the poorly educated young. How do I know you are both young and poorly educated? Well everyone over 40 and well educated under 40 would not need to ask who Idi Amin was.

Lest you think you have been insulted, absolutely not. I wish I was young again. And as for being poorly educated that is hardly your fault. Indeed it is a mark of potential that you ask rather than remain in ignorance.

It has been my pleasure to educate you. 😁

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 30th, 2022, 1:11 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: April 29th, 2022, 3:12 pm

I agree. And there are one or two people (or maybe more) that if you disagree with their opinion. They make a lot of noise, and the person or persons get a ban for a short time (or permanently).

Help me with this. According to you I am a hypocrite and a fine one to talk. Which as both Frog and myself agree is an opinion that you are entitled to hold.

However when asked the basis for your assertion, which would allow me to either accept or refute your assertion you remain silent. Maybe rows are caused by people who throw out gratuitous insults without having the wherewithal to actually give reasons for doing so.

Making controversial points without reasoning is a regrettable habit in the poorly educated young. How do I know you are both young and poorly educated? Well everyone over 40 and well educated under 40 would not need to ask who Idi Amin was.

Lest you think you have been insulted, absolutely not. I wish I was young again. And as for being poorly educated that is hardly your fault. Indeed it is a mark of potential that you ask rather than remain in ignorance.

It has been my pleasure to educate you. 😁
Hi Mr. Einstein,

It is a shame that you did not have the same IQ as the real Einstein.

You made about 13 mistakes in your writing above.
Glade that I was able to assist and educate you a little bit today.

You sound a little upset that I didn't reply to you on the other thread? :lol: :lol:

If you think that saying "I'm poorly educated" would upset or wind me up you.

Those that laugh last laugh much longer, and so on. :lol: :lol:

So what starts off as a typo, end's up as an opportunity to go back 40 years and argue.

What possible benefit can it be for youngsters on a football fans forum to be "educated" about Ide Amin?

However the argumentative one is someone who ironically needs to be constantly educated about life today himself.

Someone who has no idea that the financial crisis has had on the mortgage business. Someone who thinks football clubs are run on tax avoidance. Someone who has never used a Uber, or realised that businesses don't advertise in the programme, they advertise on media screens. Someone who thinks taking a legalistic approach is the answer to all of footballs problems. Someone who starts threads by blaming the "people of Newport" for not doing anything positive, absolving himself of any blame of course. Calling people who have more knowledge of the facts a lier, and then blaming him and others for his own actions. Frequently calling people who hold different views to his Idiot's.

Most of the above is not just laziness in discovering fact from what used to happen. It's actually designed to provoke arguement, what exactly is is it intended to achieve otherwise?

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 1st, 2022, 10:33 am So what starts off as a typo, end's up as an opportunity to go back 40 years and argue.

What possible benefit can it be for youngsters on a football fans forum to be "educated" about Ide Amin?

However the argumentative one is someone who ironically needs to be constantly educated about life today himself.

Someone who has no idea that the financial crisis has had on the mortgage business. Someone who thinks football clubs are run on tax avoidance. Someone who has never used a Uber, or realised that businesses don't advertise in the programme, they advertise on media screens. Someone who thinks taking a legalistic approach is the answer to all of footballs problems. Someone who starts threads by blaming the "people of Newport" for not doing anything positive, absolving himself of any blame of course. Calling people who have more knowledge of the facts a lier, and then blaming him and others for his own actions. Frequently calling people who hold different views to his Idiot's.

Most of the above is not just laziness in discovering fact from what used to happen. It's actually designed to provoke arguement, what exactly is is it intended to achieve otherwise?
Quite some rant. :grin:

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 1st, 2022, 11:48 am Or rite some quaint.

Why is it that you are incapable of engaging with any topic? What are you hiding from?

Constant deflections/avoidance/life on Mars
I find it difficult to engage with a rant. All your post contains is untruths, insults and boorish platitudes.

Frog asked why there are rows on this board. I believe your post eloquently tells us why. By the way it's liar not lier, there is no apostrophe in the plural of idiot it's idiots not idiot's. And if you are going to rely on your boring old trope that I live in the past then citing 'Life on Mars' a television programme which was first broadcast over 16 years ago, would seem ever so slightly incongruous on your part.

Nonetheless I am glad to see you back. :grin:

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 1st, 2022, 12:23 pm Engage with the topic. It's not difficult, for the rest of us, you hiding is not the answer.

I am back because if you look out of the window here it's raining.
The topic is why do people argue on the message board. I think the tone of Frog's question suggested why rows rather than argument. One of the chief causes of this is your original post was a rant. Another reason is expressions such as 'the rest of us'. Do you genuinely believe that everyone agrees with you? And using untruths. Everyone knows my name, that can't be said of you. Yet according to you I am the one who is hiding.

I am glad your owners allow you to vacate the kennel and come indoors when it's raining. You dog you. 😁

JonD wrote: May 1st, 2022, 2:16 pm Who could have foreseen this thread unfolding in the manner it has?

But it does at least eloquently demonstrate the point. I confess that I don't shy away from arguments, but try reading a little more deeply. I don't think I have been critical of people without pointing out why I am critical. If you read Bangitinthenet's initial post it is full of inaccuracies about that which I have written.

So a question. If a somewhat convoluted one. If you believe I should ignore these personal attacks then that is a legitimate argument. My response would be that unless I refute such criticism then it will be believed. I have often said that we need to take responsibility and blame for things that are wrong. I don't call people idiots because they disagree with me.
If you believe that the criticism made by Bangitinthenet have substance, then would you do me the favour of pointing out what I have said which is hypocritical? What I have said which means I am a troll? How I'm hiding?

And as for rows read my posts, I think they're rather good humoured. By all means disagree, I won't call an idiot. 😊