Re: Regional Rugby in Wales - Cutting Four Teams to Three

Fu Ming wrote: May 15th, 2022, 9:24 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: May 15th, 2022, 5:00 pm Whether or not the Dragons are kaput the so called “prime development land” of Rodney Parade is nothing of the sort its got poor drainage is hemmed in and for housing is in the less desirable NP19 postcode at the start of a house price slump/recession ditto for leisure use I’m repeating myself but can see county being given first refusal on any sale and imagining a campaign to retain sporting venue status would ensue as would political support and even support from our much maligned Newport RFC friends I just don’t see Rodney parades future as a sports venue being seriously threatened by any issues or folding of the Dragons not in the next decade at least
I don't know why you keep on going on about drainage and access.
If somebody was to build houses on there then they can dig and install a decent sewer drainage system, it did't stop them building the flats along Rodney Road (people do live on the ground floor), I am sure all you are thinking of is a few times RP got water logged in the past. You seem to forget
that new pitch drainage was put in this year and we didn't have any problems.
And as for access, this can be gained by coming in through the Corporation Road by the away fans entrance.
All this is immaterial because its not going to happen.
Exactly isn't going to happen - my point is those saying 'prime housing development spot' [mainly those outside of this forum i.e., not you but those such as some on BBC Wales] have ignored all the complexities and vagaries of planning, building, sewerage, existing population density, economic temperature, desirability of area, etc, etc. it simply is NOT 'prime housing land' it'd be a major ball ache to build anything there let alone housing to sell at anywhere near a reasonable profit