Re: To any Tory voters

Far more nuanced and complex than that not least as the Labour run NHS in Wales is appalling and local authorities have no control over the NHS, as for Newport's council think they [we as people of the area] need a stronger opposition and Labour take people for granted in this region...and nationally bang on far too much about 'parties' (hoisted by their own petard now) and woke issues - Labour need to up their game and I say that as a Labour supporter

CathedralCounty wrote: May 9th, 2022, 9:12 am Far more nuanced and complex than that not least as the Labour run NHS in Wales is appalling and local authorities have no control over the NHS, as for Newport's council think they [we as people of the area] need a stronger opposition and Labour take people for granted in this region...and nationally bang on far too much about 'parties' (hoisted by their own petard now) and woke issues - Labour need to up their game and I say that as a Labour supporter
If there's an shortage of NHS staff in the UK and the UK government have run the economy into the ground there's very little the Welsh government can do about it. Labour don't focus on the real issues you tell us, yet the other side have spent the last two weeks obsessing over Kier Starmer eating a curry.

Marky wrote: May 9th, 2022, 2:47 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: May 9th, 2022, 9:12 am Far more nuanced and complex than that not least as the Labour run NHS in Wales is appalling and local authorities have no control over the NHS, as for Newport's council think they [we as people of the area] need a stronger opposition and Labour take people for granted in this region...and nationally bang on far too much about 'parties' (hoisted by their own petard now) and woke issues - Labour need to up their game and I say that as a Labour supporter
If there's an shortage of NHS staff in the UK and the UK government have run the economy into the ground there's very little the Welsh government can do about it. Labour don't focus on the real issues you tell us, yet the other side have spent the last two weeks obsessing over Kier Starmer eating a curry.
There isn't a 'shortage' per se there is certainly a far, far too long wait for qualified people to be onboarded - a close relative took nearly 5 months to go from a yes post interview to a job on a ward and following that same time for an internal role!!! and that is across the board - that's not down to the 'Tories' that's down to a badly run NHS trust in Wales

I worked in the NHS all my life and it’s always been underfunded. Wage rises were always rubbish and that leads to low morale and difficulties in recruitment. I , and now my eldest son, love the patient contact and working relationships but the employers ( in reality the government ) really take the p!ss as regards funding, wage rises and working conditions. I felt I had a worthwhile career but tbh if I had my time again if I couldn’t work for myself, despite the importance of the work, I’d get a better paid job, take the money and run. This is because the system has run down the NHS to such an extent that relationships between patients and professionals are under great strain on an increasing basis.

lowandhard wrote: May 30th, 2022, 10:04 pm I worked in the NHS all my life and it’s always been underfunded. Wage rises were always rubbish and that leads to low morale and difficulties in recruitment. I , and now my eldest son, love the patient contact and working relationships but the employers ( in reality the government ) really take the p!ss as regards funding, wage rises and working conditions. I felt I had a worthwhile career but tbh if I had my time again if I couldn’t work for myself, despite the importance of the work, I’d get a better paid job, take the money and run. This is because the system has run down the NHS to such an extent that relationships between patients and professionals are under great strain on an increasing basis.
So, and again I'm NOT a conservative, its been poorly funded and run under all types of administrations both Labour and the Tories?