Re: Post Match Interview - James Rowberry

I do like Rowberry and I can he loves this club but the reason we were so successful at the start of Rowberry's reign was because of Telford's goals which dried up and Ollie Cooper was awesome with his assists before his injury. However we were still haemorrhaging goals which have continued. He seems to be relishing a preseason and a new set of players. I don't think it will be that easy. A small budget and most players won't want to move to South Wales as Flynny soon found out.

I do like Rowberry and I can see he loves this club but the reason we were so successful at the start of Rowberry's reign was because of Telford's goals which dried up and Ollie Cooper was awesome with his assists before his injury. However we were still haemorrhaging goals which has continued. He seems to be relishing a preseason and a new set of players. I don't think it will be that easy. A small budget and most players won't want to move to South Wales as Flynny soon found out.

ulkraineinthebahrain wrote: May 8th, 2022, 8:06 am I do like Rowberry and I can see he loves this club but the reason we were so successful at the start of Rowberry's reign was because of Telford's goals which dried up and Ollie Cooper was awesome with his assists before his injury. However we were still haemorrhaging goals which has continued. He seems to be relishing a preseason and a new set of players. I don't think it will be that easy. A small budget and most players won't want to move to South Wales as Flynny soon found out.
Agree with this, especially about the hemorrhaging of goals. 58 conceded over the course of a season is extremely unlikely to give a side any chance of top 7 finish. A marked improvement will be needed if we are to have a realistic chance of success next season.
Unfortunately we are 'stuck' with the same defensive players, with the possible exception of Haynes for next season. Thought Pask had a good game yesterday, and looked almost back to his pre-injury form. Believe he could be a decent signing for us, although he does appear to be injury prone, and may be looking for an improved offer elsewhere.

ulkraineinthebahrain wrote: May 8th, 2022, 8:06 am I do like Rowberry and I can he loves this club but the reason we were so successful at the start of Rowberry's reign was because of Telford's goals which dried up and Ollie Cooper was awesome with his assists before his injury. However we were still haemorrhaging goals which have continued. He seems to be relishing a preseason and a new set of players. I don't think it will be that easy. A small budget and most players won't want to move to South Wales as Flynny soon found out.
Agree with this. I'm waiting for this fabled pre-season/new intake of players he keeps talking about before really passing judgement. I do think that learning on the job has cost us a promotion push this season but you can't rule out injuries at the wrong time etc.