Re: Rumours ( seen on other message boards / forums ) ---County related

neilcork68 wrote: May 19th, 2022, 12:20 pm Just seen on Youtube (Wallsall Fan TV). Possible rumours (2 outs) and 1 already released

Townsend - easily replaced......
Haynes - hearing rumours that we have already got a replacement lined up
CBR . ...........................Wont lose out on too much sleep if he does as there are better options for the money

One rumour that may be worrying is that TELFORD could be on the move to Port Vale ????
Agreed on Townsend. Would be a shame to see him go but we have Day who's a good keeper and we've had Tom King in the past who was a good keeper so I'm sure there are decent keepers out there to be had if you need them. Just look at Belshaw from the Gas and Wollacott from Swindon as examples of great keepers who were doing the rounds.

Would be a shame not to re-sign CBR. I think we suit him well as a club and Telford doesn't get 26 goals without him. Hopefully we can get both to re-sign but you know someone is going to take a punt on Telford for sure.

The Dom Telford to Port Vale rumour has been doing the rounds for a while, but I still think he’ll sign a new deal with us if the terms match what we paid other senior strikers like Podge and Matt. And he deserves that after the season he’s had.

I’d be concerned if Townsend left, arguably he’d be better staying put if his ‘father in law to be’ is at Walsall.

I’ve heard a rumour (a PM from a Northern mate) that Hull’s Tom Eaves might be interesting us.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: May 19th, 2022, 6:49 pm The Dom Telford to Port Vale rumour has been doing the rounds for a while, but I still think he’ll sign a new deal with us if the terms match what we paid other senior strikers like Podge and Matt. And he deserves that after the season he’s had.

I’d be concerned if Townsend left, arguably he’d be better staying put if his ‘father in law to be’ is at Walsall.

I’ve heard a rumour (a PM from a Northern mate) that Hull’s Tom Eaves might be interesting us.
I'm sure Dom will have offers from elsewhere to go alongside the offer from ourselves.

His stock is high at the moment and he may well be waiting to see which players the club brings in. At the moment he is likely to be without Cooper & Azaz and possibly CBR, the 3 players who contributed most to his goal tally. I can't see him staying if his striking options are Street and Collins who both lacked intelligence and constantly took his space up, hence the end of season famine. Where will the midfield creativity come from without Azaz and Cooper. A season firing blanks and he looks like a one season wonder.

Personally I'd be amazed if he stays, I doubt we can match what others will offer so we'd need to show some serious ambition in the transfer market. Stockport and if Wrexham come up will be throwing money at it and they'll want a proven goal scorer in league 2, same with the clubs that just missed out.